Sticking my NECK out here :) Asking for opinions

Let's face it, folks, nobody's neck gets better with age, unless it is with surgical help. Soooooo, I'd rather spend my $$,$$$ on pearls and give 'em sumthin' amazing to look at. Be known for fabulous and interesting pieces, ropes, etc, and hopefully we will "seem" classy, mysterious, interesting, intriguing, and daring, with each pearly wonder enhancing our uniqueness! Can pearls really do all that for us, well, I don't know!!?? But it is fun to think they can!!

BTW, I am 67, so can speak from experience! Jody, the necklace is lovely on you, wear it and enjoy it, you can add a few pearls later if you wish to make it longer.

Pattye
so many pearls, so little time

I think it looks great. Remember, nobody stands on top of you either to admire your pearls. They're usually at least 3 feet away and the pearls are just part of your total look.

Jody - the necklace looks terrific, as does your neck! It definitely does not look too short on you. It's a very versatile length, and it shows up well with shirt collars and crew necks. I'm 47 and my favorite length is 16". Even when I wear a longer length, I usually have on a 16" with it.
Wear it!

Soooooo, I'd rather spend my $$,$$$ on pearls and give 'em sumthin' amazing to look at. Be known for fabulous and interesting pieces, ropes, etc, and hopefully we will "seem" classy, mysterious, interesting, intriguing, and daring, with each pearly wonder enhancing our uniqueness! Can pearls really do all that for us, well, I don't know!!?? But it is fun to think they can!!

I think it looks great. Remember, nobody stands on top of you either to admire your pearls. They're usually at least 3 feet away and the pearls are just part of your total look.

Hear, hear! Personally, I've always felt that very good pearls always makes a woman subtly stand out because its softer glow, especially, when she's standing nearby. Diamonds do not give a woman that particular quality - the glitter of the gem draws attention to itself and overpowers the attractiveness of the woman.

Hear, hear! Personally, I've always felt that very good pearls always makes a woman subtly stand out because its softer glow, especially, when she's standing nearby. Diamonds do not give a woman that particular quality - the glitter of the gem draws attention to itself and overpowers the attractiveness of the woman.

I remember reading a quote on the forum a while back that went along the lines of 'when a woman wears diamonds, people notice the diamonds; but when a woman wears pearls, people notice the woman'.

Diamonds vs. pearls.... Frankly, it's hard to have comparable pieces compete within a reasonable budget: even natural pearls provide a more prominent piece of jewelry then diamonds tit for tat. :rolleyes: Just think about it. And pearls still seem the proper thing to wear during the day, as opposed to anything large and glittery. Perhaps that standard is eroding, but not really.

Otherwise, the two work together marvelously, methinks. ;)

Back