Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sticking my NECK out here :) Asking for opinions

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Here is an image of a turkey with his wattle (the red part)-- it attracts the females, if you can believe it!

    http://imagecache2.allposters.com/im...le-Posters.jpg

    Comment


    • #17
      Ha! Those turkey appendages are called 'pearls' or 'beads' locally On that bird it isn't very obvious why, but other varieties have them very beady. Never thought of the feature as ugly much like a peacock's tail. It's just hilarious - turning the meaning of the image around!

      Darn! Used to wear coral strung like that and tell everyone what the inspiration for the design was

      Comment


      • #18
        Hi Jody,

        I am late to this. The necklace looks beautiful on you as it is. If you would like one more opinion I think it may be nicer to have an inch or so more. That way it rests just slightly more on the collar bone. Just my two cents. Either way you have a great necklace!

        Cheers,
        Pernula

        Comment


        • #19
          Jody, I think the necklace looks great as it is. Personally I like to wear my pearls closer to the neck. One option is to consider ordering the matching bracelet, and when you fancy a longer 'look' just attach the two together. I do that with some of my strands, and seeing the clasps is not normally a problem. Obviously this will lengthen the necklace quite a lot, but I find the extra length very flattering. I am also in my 40s.

          Comment


          • #20
            Turkeys have highly developed wattles. Mine are that saggy skin under the chin so many older folks get. Not exactly a double chin but similar. May none of you ever have aging skin under the chin as you get older.
            Caitlin

            How to hand-knot pearls without a tool

            My avatar is a Sea of Cortez mabe pearl. One of a pair of Mexican handmade earrings.

            Comment


            • #21
              Let's face it, folks, nobody's neck gets better with age, unless it is with surgical help. Soooooo, I'd rather spend my $$,$$$ on pearls and give 'em sumthin' amazing to look at. Be known for fabulous and interesting pieces, ropes, etc, and hopefully we will "seem" classy, mysterious, interesting, intriguing, and daring, with each pearly wonder enhancing our uniqueness! Can pearls really do all that for us, well, I don't know!!?? But it is fun to think they can!!

              BTW, I am 67, so can speak from experience! Jody, the necklace is lovely on you, wear it and enjoy it, you can add a few pearls later if you wish to make it longer.

              Pattye
              so many pearls, so little time

              Comment


              • #22
                I think it looks great. Remember, nobody stands on top of you either to admire your pearls. They're usually at least 3 feet away and the pearls are just part of your total look.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Jody - the necklace looks terrific, as does your neck! It definitely does not look too short on you. It's a very versatile length, and it shows up well with shirt collars and crew necks. I'm 47 and my favorite length is 16". Even when I wear a longer length, I usually have on a 16" with it.
                  Wear it!
                  Elaine

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by pattye View Post
                    Soooooo, I'd rather spend my $$,$$$ on pearls and give 'em sumthin' amazing to look at. Be known for fabulous and interesting pieces, ropes, etc, and hopefully we will "seem" classy, mysterious, interesting, intriguing, and daring, with each pearly wonder enhancing our uniqueness! Can pearls really do all that for us, well, I don't know!!?? But it is fun to think they can!!
                    Originally posted by youngster View Post
                    I think it looks great. Remember, nobody stands on top of you either to admire your pearls. They're usually at least 3 feet away and the pearls are just part of your total look.
                    Hear, hear! Personally, I've always felt that very good pearls always makes a woman subtly stand out because its softer glow, especially, when she's standing nearby. Diamonds do not give a woman that particular quality - the glitter of the gem draws attention to itself and overpowers the attractiveness of the woman.
                    Wishlist: 13mm GSSP earrings

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by airdancer View Post
                      Hear, hear! Personally, I've always felt that very good pearls always makes a woman subtly stand out because its softer glow, especially, when she's standing nearby. Diamonds do not give a woman that particular quality - the glitter of the gem draws attention to itself and overpowers the attractiveness of the woman.
                      I remember reading a quote on the forum a while back that went along the lines of 'when a woman wears diamonds, people notice the diamonds; but when a woman wears pearls, people notice the woman'.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Diamonds vs. pearls.... Frankly, it's hard to have comparable pieces compete within a reasonable budget: even natural pearls provide a more prominent piece of jewelry then diamonds tit for tat. Just think about it. And pearls still seem the proper thing to wear during the day, as opposed to anything large and glittery. Perhaps that standard is eroding, but not really.

                        Otherwise, the two work together marvelously, methinks.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X