Pearls arriving today...

Spherical Flower said:
Not sure what you ment by that? :confused:

I already knew that Mikimoto's Akoya's are "pinked" with dye and that's where the color comes from.
I also knew that freswaters have natural rose overtones, and because of this it doesn't appear as "pink".
I'm just trying to get somebody to make me a freshwater strand out of all of the "strongest rose tones" they can find, out of white body color pearls and not ivory, as white is what matches a wedding dress.
I don't think I will get that lucky tho. :rolleyes:

Oh my, Spherical Flower, you seem to be a little "wilty" and "frazzled". Don't let all this terrible pressure on you to find the perfect necklace and clasp, affect your health!! Have you given thought to the fact that you will be wearing the pouffy white dress only once(hopefully) and that an ivory bodycolour in pearls is actually a lot more flattering to most complexions. I would think that your wardrobe, after the wedding is over, will be composed of more than just white. Very white pearls always seem a little chalky to me. But if you have black or very dark brown hair, they may be okay. Of all the pearls I own, my least favourites and seldom worn are the "dead" ultra-whites.

Slraep

Last edited by a moderator:
I've avoided injecting my opinion so far because I had the most minimalist of weddings-- by choice!-- so I tend to think most weddings are overdone and people stress too much over them.

With my disclaimer out of the way, I think white pearls are beautiful, and I think those pearls show good rose overtones. (You don't want them really, actually pink, I don't think-- just overtones, right?)

I hope you will be able to relax a bit. Wedding preparations can be so stressful, and the day is over so quickly....choose your battles, is my advice, and consider what "good enough" might mean for you. ;)

Good luck!

Pearl_dreams said:
...... most weddings are overdone and people stress too much over them.

Good luck!

AHMEN! Great mantra to repeat over and over for all brides-to-be. Also, Spherical Flower, don't forget to breathe.....deeply. Breathe..... I had a friend who's husband developed gamophobia just twelve days before the wedding. His family had him hospitalized because he refused to put on any kind of shoes. He ultimately looked to be okay on the wedding day though.

You got me thinking somemore, Pearl_dreams---because pink or peach pearls are also really, really flattering with a white dress! Imagine a strand of peach freshwater pearls and shades of peach in the flower bouquet. Or pink pearls! And shades of pink in the flower bouquet. Or a peach and pink flower bouquet! Lovely!! (Oh Spherical Pearl, forget I mentioned that). Oooo, you could also match you lips(lipstick colour) to the peach or pink pearls too. I'd definitely go with a yellow gold clasp for the peachies. Mind you, thinking along the same lines....if your bouquet is composed of non-pastel colours, wouldn't it be interesting to wear a Tahitian baroque? Just think how much fun a Tahitian baroque would be AFTER the wedding.

Slraep

Last edited by a moderator:
Back