Majoricas & Mikis

They're nice! Too small to pass for SSP but I like Patty's idea about a rope (is that what you meant?)

Yes, Pearl_Dreams! Oh, and a great size for bracelets too!

Last edited by a moderator:
Going to the pearl factory was a standard day out when visiting Majorca when package holidays started up from here to the island about thirty or so years ago

I like the Christmas tree decoration idea, myself ;-)

You can't believe how distressed I am that I can buy AAA grade pearls from the reputable online dealers here for WAY LESS than what my hubby (bless his heart, he meant well;)) paid for my Majoricas...
Sigh...

I've seen the Majoricas that are currently out there and they look quite fake compared to the ones from years ago. The pseudo-orient now is a bit garish.

majorica

majorica

I've seen the Majoricas that are currently out there and they look quite fake compared to the ones from years ago. The pseudo-orient now is a bit garish.

I haven't seen ones from years ago. But I saw some earrings and necklaces lately. They really have the "dipped" or "lacquered" look. It's a definite give-away that they are fake.

Some of the early fake pearls go quite yellow - it is hard to convince that real ones don't go yellow as well.

I have a beautiful Pelosi-style necklace and earrings that are high-end faux pearls. They are really beautiful. They don't look real, but I wanted to own them for my collection. The rare times I've worn them, everyone thinks they are real. No one is expecting me, the pearl-addict to be wearing fakes... ;)

Beware, though, the really glossy ones may have a high lead content.

I have a beautiful Pelosi-style necklace and earrings that are high-end faux pearls. They are really beautiful. They don't look real, but I wanted to own them for my collection. The rare times I've worn them, everyone thinks they are real. No one is expecting me, the pearl-addict to be wearing fakes... ;)

Beware, though, the really glossy ones may have a high lead content.

That's really interesting-- do you know where the lead enters the production/finishing process?

I think I heard about it right here... ? Maybe someone else will know...

Back