Free Form Baroque pearls question

jody

What exactly does 'free form' mean in relationship to Baroque pearls? Those that do have Baroque pearls, do you like them? Thanks.

Baroque

Baroque

Hi Jody,
Most of my Tahitian and SS are Baroques or circle. I love this shape. I wear them almost everyday, in some form or fashion. Sometimes I wear multiple strands and there is such a depth to these shapes. Very real, very organic. I have several that are round and I find these I wear more for "dress up" occasions, but that is just me. My grandmother used to wear a classic round everyday, so I guess it is a personal choice. Also, I can afford MORE strands in this shape! Is it ever enough?..........

Hi Jody,
I, too, adore baroques,
Personally, I prefer them to round pearls.
The lustre and rainbow colours tend to be much nicer - but, having said that, I don't own any high end round pearls, so can't compare the lustre and orient of those with baroques.
The other plus for baroques is that, over here, they aren't often seen.
Most all pearls that I see on other women are rounds, so it's nice to be different.

What exactly does 'free form' mean in relationship to Baroque pearls? Those that do have Baroque pearls, do you like them? Thanks.

Hi Jody,

free form is just another term within what is called baroque. :rolleyes:

Just as there is semi- baroque, all shapes that are not spherical are baroque shapes but then you can have many different names for different shapes as drops, pear shapes, circled pearls, potatos, rice, seed, oval shapes with different names. Depending on symmetry the baroques have different names. When talking about South Sea pearls their baroque forms often are called "free form". There are several posts on the forum about the different shapes of pearls.

Back