Feedback - are colored strands of pearls practical?

jody

Just wanted some feedback from those you have colored strands of pearls? Are they practical to wear with lots of things? Of course, 'white' pearls go with most anything, just wanted if the colored pearls (peach, lavendar, multicolored) are worth the investment?

Just wanted some feedback from those you have colored strands of pearls? Are they practical to wear with lots of things? Of course, 'white' pearls go with most anything, just wanted if the colored pearls (peach, lavendar, multicolored) are worth the investment?

ABSOLUTELY!

jody said:

Silly girl.

Slraep

Coloured pearls v. white pearls.
Sigh, who would turn these down ?

Attachments

• 0111.JPG
    0111.JPG
    47.2 KB · Views: 39
  • 0112.jpg
    0112.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 39
  • 0114.JPG
    0114.JPG
    49.8 KB · Views: 36
  • 0115.JPG
    0115.JPG
    49 KB · Views: 34
Jody, this is just my personal POV, but I find that the colors are more versatile than the classic white necklace, not less. I am on a business trip with my husband this week, and I only brought one white pearl item, a keshi necklace with Swarovski crystals. The classic round white Akoyas and Freshadamas are at home (admittedly, that is due in part to not wanting to bring my costliest pearls on a trip.) I am currently wearing a black and red dress with a peacock FW necklace, yesterday I wore a pink dress with my multicolor FW baroques. The multicolor baroques were what I wore with jeans and a sweater for the flight, and I will wear them again with yet another dress later in the week. In fact, I could very easily have made them the only necklace I brought with me (but since I have so many, I hate to limit myself to just one!) Pink/peach pearls I find to be very nice because they blend in somewhat with my skintone, and glow subtly on my neck - quite lovely, and go with pretty much anything because they are playing off my skin, not my clothing. Lavenders are great because blues and purples are my favorite colors and therefore most of my wardrobe is in those tones.

It's true that white pearls go with everything, but colored pearls may go better with some clothes.

I have a casual cotton top that is gray with lettering, jewels and illustrations on it. My peach/lavender/white baroques that I strung look better with that top than my white pearls do. I have other clothes that look better with my circled peacock FWP than they do with my with white pearls.

It's nice to have a choice. Why stop with just white?

Pearls go with everything! NOt event diamonds can say that!

Plain whites and the lucious colors. Some choices are better suited than others Depending on what you are wearing.

Silly silly girl,

Cheers
Ash

You'll find a variety of uses for non-white pearls, particularly if you go for baroque (pun intended!). Baroque colored pearls look great with anything. I wear mine with jeans a lot, especially during the summer. I find that I wear my white pearls mostly for dressier events or church, that type of thing.

I have to agree with everyone else. I find my multi & lavenders more practical for everyday & save the whites for more formal occasions - but really they all look fabulous!

Frankly, my white, round freshadamas are the least worn strand I own. I love them and I think every woman needs a strand in her wardrobe. I just find them a little formal for everyday wear. I wear my baroque Tahitians, my baroque golden SS, and my untreated baroque freshwaters MUCH more.

What a great topic! This is what I've always wanted to know! I went to the theatre last week and saw some beautifully dressed ladies wearing enormous sized multicoloured pearls. So they can be worn for dressy evenings, not just casual daily wear.

I've got a question related to this. The peach looks fantastic on Caucasians skin tones! But is it a good colour for Asian skin tones?

Airdancer said: I've got a question related to this. The peach looks fantastic on Caucasians skin tones! But is it a good colour for Asian skin tones?

I am wondering the same. I've never tried on the colored FW in person. I am sure it depends on whether you are fair/med/tan. I was afraid that the peach would not look good on me. I am between fair & medium. I chatted with Natalie at PP and she said the peach looks gorgeous on Mia. Natalie also said the exotics have the peachy pink tone, not just peach. So I am hoping if I don't look good in the warm peach, maybe the cool pink tone will match. So either way, I maybe safe... hehe.

I've seen Raisondetre's pics with the chocolate brown and other peachy necklaces. She looks good in all of them.

It really varies on caucasian skin too. I'm sort of fair but I have some yellow orange tones in my skin and green eyes ( it's not as scary as it sounds, lol ). I've managed to figure out my perfect lipstick color, which took some time :), but I haven't tried enough pearl colors yet to know which works best for me.

Hi all,

I have always loved colored gems, so it was an easy transition to colored pearls! I have to say they are my favorites, too! Most of my strands are longer, so they rest on my blouse or sweater; I just try to pick out pearls with interesting shape and great lustre, and to heck with whether they are color-matched to me! There are so many overtones, not just flat colors. Besides, if you buy one and it looks awful on you (I can't imagine), someone in your family will receive an amazing gift!

Pattye
so many pearls, so little time

p.s. Sueki, those are so pretty! Will they be bracelets??

Sueki, I was also wondering what that was going to be. Nice shapes and colors.

I just have to add to this thread. I just LOVE pink pearls - the ones normally sold as lavender, not the peachy pink. I also love pink gemstones - my favourite ring is a large pink sapphire that gets comments still after 8 years of constant wear. Tourmalines are a huge favourite.

But when it comes to pearls - I like white rounds for formal occasions, white baroques for lots of less formal events - pink baroques or pink circled rounds for everyday....I wear them with jeans and t shirts, with shirts etc etc... These circles ones are from my recent trip..View attachment 2772

and some favourites:View attachment 2773

Personally, I'm not big on the peachy toned pearls - I'm very fair and blonde - but they just don't seem to suit me.

Last edited:
Matching to clothes

Matching to clothes

I just have to add to this thread. I just LOVE pink pearls - the ones normally sold as lavender, not the peachy pink. I also love pink gemstones - my favourite ring is a large pink sapphire that gets comments still after 8 years of constant wear. Tourmalines are a huge favourite.

But when it comes to pearls - I like white rounds for formal occasions, white baroques for lots of less formal events - pink baroques or pink circled rounds for everyday....I wear them with jeans and t shirts, with shirts etc etc... These circles ones are from my recent trip..View attachment 2772

and some favourites:View attachment 2773

Personally, I'm not big on the peachy toned pearls - I'm very fair and blonde - but they just don't seem to suit me.

Those of you who have peach/pink/lavender pearls, which color of blouses/sweaters/dresses do you wear them with? Solid tops only?

I'm a pretty much plain colours type of person - lots of whites, pinks, black.... would definitely wear pink pearls with stripes or prints though as well... they look fabulous with white shirts!

I've got a question related to this. The peach looks fantastic on Caucasians skin tones! But is it a good colour for Asian skin tones?

I am Caucasian, but I am fair with strong yellow undertones. I initially avoided pinks and peaches, but Pearl Paradise had a pink strand on special a while ago and I picked it up figuring if it didn't work for me, I could give it as a gift. I worried that the color would clash with my skin, but as I said, they just sort of glow against it. Pearls are so forgiving! I would definitely get ahold of a strand and try for yourself - you can always return them if you don't like them.

What earrings with colored pearls?

What earrings with colored pearls?

Thanks for all the posts on my original question concerning the practicality of colored pearls. In short, I'm a stay at home mom of 4 kids so its very casual clothing for me and my part time night job with UPS does not allow for wearing any jewelry.

In December my dad passed away from a lengthy battle with Alzheimer's. I received a little bit of money from family and friends with specific instructions to use it on me since I spent the last 5 years caring for my dad. Well, its not enough to take a trip on, but it would be nice to have something special (pearls are my birthstone) to help me remember my dad, something close to my heart. I'm really at a loss on what strand, earrings, and perhaps bracelet to purchase, hence looking at colored pearls. I own a 16" strand of department store of freshwater pearls 5-6mm with pearl studs set in white gold with tiny diamonds. I also have a 6-7mm black pearl (kind of charcoal in color) that was in a ring of my grandfather's and have it suspended on a white gold chain. I love the simplicity of that look. I've attached a couple of photos.
Any thoughts would really be appreciated....oh and FORGOT, what kind of earrings do you wear with 'baroque' pearls? Curious...

whitepearl1.jpg

blackpearl1.jpg

Back