PearlParadise order...PS

jody

I forgot to ask something else....if you wear your pearls a lot, it is recommended to have them restrung each year. Do you have this done locally or can PP do this? Costs? Thanks.

Jody

jody said:
I forgot to ask something else....if you wear your pearls a lot, it is recommended to have them restrung each year. Do you have this done locally or can PP do this? Costs? Thanks.

Jody

Your options:
Go to a local jeweller
Send the pearls back to PP
Learn how to string

There is a post somewhere about costs, it can differ very much from location to location. Depending where you are situated you perhaps have to pay shipping and/or insurance. I think the most expensive was 8 US $ for an inch, PP:s prices was much more moderate, send them an email and they will tell you!

If you are going to buy many pearls (as most of us on this forum do, it would be the best and cheapest way to learn how to do it yourself. Look up the posts under "The Lowly Beaders Club" and you will get a lot of information there about books and materials.:)

I just found a little about costs, Bella (in Los Angeles) will do it for $ 10, they have 4 stringers in the office every day (this was in 2006), PP took $ 15 if the pieces come from elsewhere.

Last edited by a moderator:
Isn't one restringing per year overly cautious?

Not necessarily, especially if one decided to wear their pearls everyday. nedt to the skin, wher eteh Pearls wil absorb oils from tthis skin which is not aht bad but teh Siilk tread may "get dirty and Gunk up" the silk will stretch and possibly weaken (henceforth the restringing) On average it is "recomended yearly" ans more often 3-6 months if one is harder on their jewelry and daily wear. depends on how often you are going to wear them its not a hard and fast rule only a recomendation...

It is really easy to learn to string it takes practice to get really good at it but once you are you can practically restring a necklace in your sleep.

Cheers
Ash

Back