My First Pearl Purchase (PearlParadise)

SAgosto

Hello:

I wanted to let everyone know about my first pearl purchase that I made with PearlParadise. As of about 2-3 weeks ago, I had 0 knowledge but lurked the forums. I finished my Christmas shopping for my girlfriend but felt something was missing. She is a 25 year old attorney in Manhattan, NY who really enjoys simple and classy objects. I thought this would be a perfect purchase. To be honest, I am not even sure she will like them but that does not take away from this piece or my experience.

Take this for what it's worth but it's about as honest and unbias as you are going to get. People wondering the same thing about PearlParadise should pay attention:

I PM'ed Mr. Shepherd over the duration of 3-4 days determining exactly what I wanted. During this time, I received about 5-8 PMs that was promptly addressed (often within minutes of my reply). It was refreshing that he didn't try to sell me the bridge but sell me something that I wanted/needed. I have been burned before with other jewelry vendors that try to push the big purchase instead of listening to your needs and working around them. This is very important. There was no pressure at all. Honestly, it made the entire purchase very enjoyable.

We went back and forth and he answered every single question I had with clarity. No one word responses. He even suggested a silver accent because she has a light tan as she is Italian. What more could I ask for?

We settled on a 18" AAA 8-9MM white with a silver accent with a white gold glasp. It arrived prompy within a few days from Cali to NYC. Before I even explain what I received, please realize I have very limited experience with pearls other than what I have seen in the store passing by. I also have high expectations. I do not settle. If I don't like it, I'll say I don't like it. :)

Without a doubt, beautiful. That's about the only thing I can say. I'll say that again: Without a doubt, beautiful. I got my contacts in to make sure but they are perfectly white, perfectly round, hardly any blemishes (You REALLY need to look hard to find anything at least 1-2" away), and actually glow. I have a different opinion of pearls now. Similiar to diamond studs that I got her last year, this is necessary for your girlfriend/wife/signification other's collection. I will take pics and post them in the next few days for anyone that cares.

Thank you. It's not much but I really mean it.

Jeremy doesn't have to "sell" the pearls because they do that for themselves. A good business person will sell the solution to a buyer's needs and not push the upgrade. You played a big part in getting the right necklace by asking a lot of questions. No buyer's remorse = trust and a willingness to engage the seller for future purchases.

Seeing lovely pearls for the first time can be an eye-opener, for sure. Stick around and you'll get some ideas for future gifts, and maybe a slight pearl obsession.;) Congratulations, and hurry with the photos!

As someone who spends her life with 25-year-old attorneys, that was the perfect choice length and size. If she's a litigator, she'll wear it to court. Pearls represent power. And now you know what to get her when she makes partner. I don't see a lot of SSPs and tahitians in the office or the court room, which seems odd to me. But perhaps they save those for the out-of-office hours.

The 18in 8-9mm strand is a great choice. It's timeless. You have good taste.:)

knotty panda said:
As someone who spends her life with 25-year-old attorneys, that was the perfect choice length and size. If she's a litigator, she'll wear it to court. Pearls represent power. And now you know what to get her when she makes partner. I don't see a lot of SSPs and tahitians in the office or the court room, which seems odd to me. But perhaps they save those for the out-of-office hours.

I'd agree with you on the South Sea pearls, but I see attorneys all the time here in San Diego wearing tahitian pearls - all colors and usually big ones. It's definitely a power thing over here.

SAgosto definitely made the perfect choice. Is there anyone who wouldn't love that type, grade and size? I doubt it.;)

What a wonderful introduction to pearls - buying the finest, for the best price anywhere, with your very first purchase. I think SAgosto will have some fun checking jewelry store prices, if he can find equivalent pearls.

Cheers!;)

Thank you all for the kind words.

I really thought it's a perfect choice for a girl with her career and who enjoys simply/classy things. That screams pearls to me. But, I am a guy and I am not very good at these things. I try though. :) To be honest, I wish I went with the Freshdama but if she likes them, I'll get her another set with the Freshdama. Maybe that will get me the plasma for the bedroom? :)

We live just outside NYC so the prices are very inflated. However, I searched quite a bit to see what prices/quality/options I had. These are a RIDICULOUS deal given everything I have seen. It actually sickens me because the others must have a BIG BIG markup. Oh well. I won. :)

Hi Shawn,

I am glad to hear you like it! I hpoe the color matches her perfectly.

To the PGers, Shawn made it easy to match the pearls to his girlfriend. He sent us pictures of her! We agreed on the strand here together.

What a great choice! Now-- for Valentine's Day, matching earrings! (Maybe even a size bigger-- 9-9.5mm.)

The strand will be an awesome compliment to the diamond studs she already has! We look forward to the photos!

Pattye
so many pearls, so little time

Thanks for all the kind words. I wrapped it up nicely and tonight is the gift exchange. I think it's obvious which the "big gift" is. The other gifts look like it was done by a 1 year old. :D I used to bring my gifts to the local mall and the HS girls would wrap em for a $20 spot. After I moved, I lost that hook up. :(

I'll take pics and post them as soon as I can. Sorry for the delay, been working day and night so I can actually take time off for the Holidays. :mad:

Back