Pink Freshwater Pearls

pearllove

Hello all,
I have been reading Pearl-Guide for about a year and half and have learned quite a lot about pearls. Thank you.

I am posting now because I am interested in Pearl Paradise's pink freshwater pearls. Does anyone have them? How is the color? I am interested in the pink not peach overtone. I am East Asian and love the color pink, but am unsure how the pink color will go with my skin tone.

Thank you for your help,
pearllove:)

the best way to get the color you are looking for is to give them a call, pink and peach get used to describe the same color of pearl pretty often.

Oh and by the way, welcome to the forums and don't hesitate to ask any questions.

Last edited:
What kind of pink are you looking for? True cotton candy/baby pink is almost impossible to find in freshwaters - they are considered exotics. Most pinks are peaches and go well with yellow undertones. The pinkest I've gotten so far would be the untreated freshwater baroques as shown here: https://www.pearl-guide.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1526&page=2 - they show up more or less dark peach on photos but are really closer to salmon pink. Other than that I have gotten some similar salmon pink rice pearls from Cathy here: https://www.pearl-guide.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1930. It's all very pretty, but if you're looking for something like this: http://www.thepearloutlet.com/servlet/ProductView?commodityID=18095&command=cp&supplierID=490 you might not find what you want. I'm always on the hunt though.

Dear Raisondetre,

PP has peach and pink freshwater pearls and I am not sure if I should go with the peach or the pink option. It looks to me like the pink color is just a darker version of the peach. I am worried that it is not a true pink (cotton candy/bubblegum pink).

pearllove

I have the peachy pinks from Pearl Paradise and they are Freshadama. They are fabulous. Nothing else I have glows like they do! I just ordered the 7-8 mm's from the Christmas list too. You can't go wrong with Freshadama and I see they have new pinky pink ones too.

Try pulling up the Freshadama list and look at the 7-8 mm pinks. There are two colors.

Warning: don't drive with them on your wrist. You might be tempted to look at the pearls instead of the road.
Merry Christmas.

Hi again:
I see you've already checked the Freshadama. Try checking the PP search engine for FWP 203. It's actually a very pale lavendar but looks fairly pink. I talked to Kirsten a month or so ago and she said they still had some. I think they are only AA+ but you might like the color.
barbie

I am interested in the Freshadamas too. Which of the two colors you you have?

True pinks will be classified between pink/lavender. As far as I know true cotton candy pink is very rare. I doubt there will be freshadamas for that. You can get them to photograph what they have. I love the ones I have so far but I'm just always on the hunt for that elusive shade.

Peach/pink go equally well with my skintone. I don't think it has to necessarily be cotton candy/bubblegum pink. I just like pink and would love to wear naturally colored true pink strands. I'm still holding out. If you like pink more than peach I'd go for the pink strands. As I said, it may not be the true baby pink but it will look great. In fact being slightly peach will give it a warmer glow that complements Asian skin. Regardless of which you order I'm sure you'll be equally happy with either.

I only just realized that PP has changed their stock pics and it does have peach/pink. I'd go for pink. No doubt about it. It will be closer to salmon pink, but it will look fabulous. Especially the Freshadamas. I don't have the pink one yet but looking at their new stock it won't be far now.

Last edited:
After pestering Natalie at PP with many questions, I ordered 8-9mm Freshadama sets in pink and in lavender.

Thank you everyone for your help in my pink pearl search:) ,
pearllove

Woo Hoo! When in doubt -- order both!!! Congratulations. Of course, we expect photos after they arrive...;)

I bought the untreated baroque CFWP from P. Paradise and they are truly pink, but not dark. The are the prettiest pale pink and parts are so lusterous they look like glass with hints of blue! These pearls didn't look pink in the pictures, but in person they are pink. I bought a "pink" strand from them on special once and they are fairly peach, so there is a difference.

Hi Aerinha,
Your pearls sound lovely. I would love to get a pink one myself. Where are these untreated baroque CFWP pearls on the PP website? I don't recall seeing them.

Thanks,
pearllove

I see I was beaten to it. I will warn you these really didn't photograph well, which is why I think they didn't sell as well as the white and lavendar baroques, but I am very pleased with mine.

Seem to recall that at one time Jeremy mentioned he doesn't try to present the pearls as too fabulous in the photos, he would rather you gasp with pleasure when you open the box! And we certainly do, don't we!! :D (Obviously there are many ways to enhance the colors with certain photo programs, though goodness knows, I can't do it!)

Pattye
so many pearls, so little time

Oops I posted my pic on one of Raison's links. Meant it for this thread. I guess I was distracted by her fantastic collection of pink pearls.

Back