cream color freshwater pearls

saori

Hi everyone!

I am new to this forum :)

I have been thinking that it would be nice to get cream colored pearl earrings and strand, but I can't find an online dealer that sells cream colored freshwater pearls. I don't mean cream or ivory overtones on white pearls, I am looking for actually cream colored pearls that are sufficiently off-white to match off-white clothes. Does anyone here know where I can get them? Thank you very much and have a nice day!

Oh, another thing is, what complexion do you think works well with cream colored pearls? The color of 14K gold minus the metallic lustre is basically the color of my skin and I look best with white pearls with silver or rose overtones, but not with peach :eek: or most tahitians.

Hi! Hope you will have a great time on the forum. :)

Don't ask why 'cream' is supposed to be less 'trendy' as 'pink' or 'silver' ... so... websites just label everything with overtones of 'pink' and 'silver' :p

Cream would be the color of untreated freshwater. I remained with the impression that bleaching is the one accepted treatment that actually makes this difference. Not sure.

A while back such cream, untreated freshwater pearls were made available upon request by Pearl Paradise. I have no idea if this is still the case. Hopefully one of the posters from PP will see this thread (usually happens in a day or two, at most). You could probably e-mail with a request in the meantime, mentioning this thread.

You are not the first to ask.. I am sure there will be more/better suggestions on this.

saori said:
Oh, another thing is, what complexion do you think works well with cream colored pearls? The color of 14K gold minus the metallic lustre is basically the color of my skin...

Not sure. Cream pearls are among my favorites. Light yellows too - warm colors basically. Now... I couldn't possibly describe my skin tone as 'golden' (I'd wish!).

Ever tried silver-blue pearls? They seem to die on my waxy complexion, but positively glow on any warm background (that has to be clothing for me).

akoyas1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Valeria101!
Thank you so much for your quick reply!
I didn't expect anyone to respond so quickly to my first post. It was very kind of you :)

Valeria101 said:
Don't ask why 'cream' is supposed to be less 'trendy' as 'pink' or 'silver'

I see...so people don't find cream as flattering as silver or pink and there's less demand for those. Does that mean that they are rarer and more expensive?

Valeria101 said:
Cream would be the color of untreated freshwater. I remained with the impression that bleaching is the one accepted treatment that actually makes this difference. Not sure.

A while back such cream, untreated freshwater pearls were made available upon request by Pearl Paradise. I have no idea if this is still the case. Hopefully one of the posters from PP will see this thread (usually happens in a day or two, at most). You could probably e-mail with a request in the meantime, mentioning this thread.

You are not the first to ask.. I am sure there will be more/better suggestions on this.

Ok, I'll wait for a bit and maybe call Pearl Paradise later. It's so nice of them to do those things though!

Valeria101 said:
Not sure. Cream pearls are among my favorites. Light yellows too - warm colors basically. Now... I couldn't possibly describe my skin tone as 'golden' (I'd wish!).

Ever tried silver-blue pearls? They seem to die on my waxy complexion, but positively glow on any warm background (that has to be clothing for me).

akoyas1.jpg

Those pearls are stunning! I have never seen akoyas with that particular color before...quite amazing I say!!! (they ARE akoyas right? the file names says so but I don't really know anything so... :) ) I definitely want to try silver blue pearls now too! Strangely my complexion is as "warm" as it gets (read: yellow) but silver and blue are good colors for me :confused:. They are some of the few colors that doesn't produce the much-feared jaundiced look. I am envious of fair skinned people that can wear pink and peach of all shades plus Tahitians...

Cream pearls are actually not as in demand so that is why they are typically bleached to a whiter hue. Since there is less demand, it is harder for customers to find them retail, but they do exist.

Creams tend to look best on fair skin tones, but personal preference does play into this as well. We do have very creamy Freshwater pearls available for purchase upon request so if you are interested, just give us a call and we can select them for you.

Back