Ebay Hit

V

Valeria101

Here they are - no misrepresentation, no nothing. What came of FleBay?? Just your expected way-out-there large fireball pearls, kindly labeled "17inch 12-18mm baroques with tails bead-nucleated" !

LINK to Auction Page

The text explaining the item is quite interesting too. As the text has been carefully protected from selection and right clicks, I assume the seller does not want it disseminated. So no copy here. Cick, scroll down and read if you want to. ;)

Hm.... thought 12-18mm would be the largest among pallatable even sizes... because it sort of tallies with the length of the strand and the way faceted precious stones are measured: 17in & 25pearls gives 17mm average of pearl allowing some space and approximation. Ouch! :eek:

How should the sizes be given for a strand of crooked baroques?

So... 15mm long stick pearls, coins and 15mm diameter rounds would be labeled the same for size?

Silly... 'guess I should have known that.

Last edited by a moderator:
It depends on how they are drilled. If they are drilled length wise, the proper measurement would still be perpendicular to the drill hole.

When measuring baroques there is a little leeway as to exactly where to measure as often the exact center will be on a slope, but it is never by length.

Measuring pearls correctly

Measuring pearls correctly

jshepherd said:
Unless otherwise explained, strictly perpendicular to the drill hole. Anything else is wrong and misleading.

Jeremy,

I am not sure understanding the meaning of perpendicular. Would that be "Standing up the pearl" or horizontal measuring (lying pearl - measure from left to right?)

Thanks for explanation!:p

P.S. Reading the last posts, that should mean You measure obove and below the drillhole - correct? D.S.

I'm assuming perpendicular to the drillhole means taking the actual drillhole as the long axis and measuring the maximal diameter at right angle to this axis. Is this correct?

BTW, with regards to no misrepresentation, look at their other listings. Pearls that are not visibly round and moderately blemished are labelled AAA+.

Last edited:
Back