Are Those Natural Colors ???

I

imanit

I would appreciate your opinion: are those natural color / untreated pearls???
The roundish ones I paid 4.99 per 15.5" strand, keshies little more....
1.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

The colors are natural. It is difficult to say whether or not they are treated, but if purchased by the strand it is almost certain. But the treatment would not be a color enhancement.

Thank you. This is what I thought... Price was good and they have nice "wrinkly skin" and most of them beautiful luster. I think I did good !!!

Caitlin Williams said:
You are having good luck buying loose strands from China.

Yup.... and I don't mind sharing my sources... he has more of those strands - buy them . They are worth 6.99 . With transport 11$.....( this is "buy it now" price) !!! Got them in Canada within 7 days....

No thanks on the ones you got, but I did see some lavenders I like. I notice their buy it now prices are quite good. They do have a couple of better quality necklaces and their prices really reflect a good sense of which are worth more.

You can't beat a 30 day return from the day it gets here. So I might try them and let the forum know my experience too.

I consider their prices pretty good, certainly better than the bead stores and their shipment rates are great.

Thanks for sharing Ivona! I love those wrinkly skins, and I think your design with the off-rounds and the keishis is very nice.

I wish I was that creative and knew how to bead. Very nice layering, I like to do that myself when I wear my pearls. I noticed your one Ebay vendor has drusy pearls. What are those exactly? I know about drusy(druzy) stones but not about drusy pearls.

That turned out really nice. Do you have anymore cool pearl pics to share?

Ingykiz, drusy pearls are also sometimes called rosebud pearls. They are bumpy and wrinkly and really cool looking. I am attaching a (not-quite-in-focus) photo for you...

Attachments

• rosebud.jpg
    rosebud.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 39
10-11mm? Great buy!

there are untreated strands out in the market and they are cheaper than those with treatment.

this year's harvest was really better as seen in the market. a big jump in quality, size and colors. the pearling techniques are rapidly improving...

was able to buy myself multi-colored potatoes at USD7/strand with some exotic colors in it...but that doesn't beat your 10-11mm semi-rounds at USD4.99!

Thanks Boo,
I see them sometime on Ebay and I am tempted to buy a strand but I was never quite sure what they were. I assume they are not that rare coz the strands I find are usually less than $100. They also seem to have some good color saturation in some of the strands I find on Ebay.
I really got taken on a strand of "Tahitian" pearls my first time out on Ebay. Dyed freshwater and when I tried to get my money back, the Ebay store went belly up. I tried to get some resolution through Ebay but no luck. It made me a savy shopper though and I have been able to get some good deals. Looks like alot of Pearl-guide members have made some nice purchases and I always check out the stores that have been posted here.

I bought 2 more strands of those lavender "cheap pearls", chose the best ones and this is the result:

s1.jpg
s4.jpg

and same one with another clasp...
s3.jpg

I must say, I'm very happy with result.
From some of remaining pearls I made matching bracelet...

Back