Advice on Jewlery Set vs. Necklace

nateyoder

Hello all,
I am looking at purchasing a set of 7-8 white freshadama pearls (necklace, earrings, bracelet) for my girlfriend but just remembered that in the past she has mentioned she has a set of nice "big" (according to her, I have never seen them) white pearl stud earings in the past. Is it that important to have a full set? Will her old earrings look out of place? Should I save the extra money and buy her the necklace and something else?

Thanks for the help!!

Freshadama set of pearls

Freshadama set of pearls

Hello Nateyoder,
and welcome to the forum! I do not quite remember just how long Pearl Paradise has sold "Freshadamas" but I would stick with the original plan to have the whole set, 7 - 8 mm. Even if Your girlfriend has larger studs, the quality of the Freshadamas is quite outsstanding compared to all other freshwater pearls and You can?t go wrong in buying them. Let us know what Your girlfriend thinks about them....

Hi Nate,

Another option you may want to consider, you can have an invisible clasp added so she can have a bracelet/necklace combo, or a longer necklace. You don't have to be limited to the lengths listed, they will customize for you. So for the same price you could get her a longer necklace that would break down to a princess length and bracelet. Or just wear it longer in a matinee length. A nice matching set is always nice, and I think it makes a great impression. But for my own sake, I would prefer a convertible necklace. That is what I am considering now in a rope.

And the Freshadamas do look lovely, so any choice is going to be a hit.

Good luck!
Jen

Jen and Inge,
Thank you both very much for your suggestions. I will definitely go with the set. Jen, would I have to get the invisible clasp added after I purchase the set from PP or will they do it for me? How do I go about requesting this?

Thanks again,
Nate

Hi Nate,

I think you can just call PP and ask. Or you could send a private message to Jeremy Sheperd, he is on this forum. He sent me details in a private email, so I wouldn't want to post it without his consent. They add the clasp for you. In fact, depending on how long a strand you bought, you could have several junctions but it for a variety of looks. If you go to the Pearl Outlet, they have this kind of necklace for sale with a great description, just in case you are curious.

Have fun and let us know what you order and how she reacts.;)

Last edited:
Back