heading for china

D

DFrey

Putting together the last minute details for our departure to china. We will be in Zhuji to look at and purchase freshwater pearls. It will be my first visit to Zhuji and I want to thank those on the forum who have helped with the logistics of finding suppliers and doing business in Zhuji.
I'll miss my daily visits to the pearl forum and occasional post. I will try and send a picture or two when I have internet access.

Dfrey

please do come back and write a report on your trip and how your experience was doing business in Zhugi - have fun!

If you have already visited the market in Beijing it would be very kind of you to compare and contrast the 2 markets. Or if anyone else has been to both. How about the market in Shanghai?

Here are a couple of photos from my recent trip to China and Zhuji City to purchase pearls. These photos were taken at a pearl farm owned by the company that I visited in Zhuji. The first one is of the pond that the mussels are living in with myself and my wife with one of the managers of the farm going out to get a few mussels. Its hard to see but our knuckles are slightly white from our grip on the side of the flat bottom boat. The second is of a mussel and the pearls that I found in this single mussel. I believe this pond will be harvested in 2008.

Dfrey

Attachments

• zhuji 1.JPG
    zhuji 1.JPG
    50.3 KB · Views: 33
  • zhuji 2.JPG
    zhuji 2.JPG
    53.7 KB · Views: 36
DFrey said:
Here are a couple of photos from my recent trip to China and Zhuji City to purchase pearls. These photos were taken at a pearl farm owned by the company that I visited in Zhuji. The first one is of the pond that the mussels are living in with myself and my wife with one of the managers of the farm going out to get a few mussels. Its hard to see but our knuckles are slightly white from our grip on the side of the flat bottom boat. The second is of a mussel and the pearls that I found in this single mussel. I believe this pond will be harvested in 2008.

Dfrey

i am came from zhiji, you guys have any questions can ask me if you are going to there next time...... my hometown is fengqiao near to shanxiahu........

pearl farm in guangxi china

pearl farm in guangxi china

HI:
I'm new comer here!try to register an account but failed!
just wanna see anybody in guangxi china or anybody ever been there?

Back