Hello and new goodies

moonpie

HELLO! Everyone! Gosh it’s been a long time, maybe 6 years I think since I last posted here. A lot has happened in 6 years; things and humans (my babies)! Have grown, everything’s grown except my Pearl collection haha.

When I was last here I very much a GSS and Tahitian girl, couldn’t imagine ever loving pearls that weren’t round.. well that’s happened! Also whilst I appreciated freshadama freshies, I didn’t love them like I loved GSS’s.

I’m happy to say my tastes and wants have all grown and developed and I come back to Pearl guide now with a bunch of new goodies.

Woah, I’m writing this in between putting away laundry and keeping my 6 year old occupied so it feels a little disjointed... maybe I’ll stop here for now. Leave you with some pictures of things I’m expecting in the post, and mostly I just wanted to say a massive “hi” to everyone; might sound weird but I’ve missed all the familiars’ around here. I’ve been lurking the past week or so and reading back a lot of old threads just to catch up, it’s been lovely seeing the familiar names.

Ok enough disjointed chatter, first up my PP multicoloured bracelet (oh how I missed browsing the PP website, my first pearl “shop” after I got my first ever pearls and GSS to boot from a brick and mortar shop but was unhappy and my internet browsing brought me to here.. PP feels like coming back home - hi Jeremy if you’re reading)!

Second is my Chinese kasumi like tin cup necklace and earring set (which again is the very first pearl related item I’ve brought from outside of PP and I needed a couple weeks to convince myself I wasn’t cheating on PP by buying this :eek: ) and last but by no means least is my metallic freshwater pearl earrings

54802222-4982-4FF2-AA1D-B0B1AC9464DC.jpegD32E5626-2AC8-45A9-9117-AC68995FFCAB.jpg04A06792-3159-4B97-9D75-2A7FD60954A2.jpeg

Yes, welcome back!
I like that last photo-- the metallic FW dangles. Such colors!

Welcome back to the Land of Pearls MoonPie :)
Great photos...those last earrings are DELICIOUS!

How beautiful & such gorgeous new additions to your collection. Love the tin cup & metallic earrings!

Hello Moonpie! Lovely colorful new pearls in your collection!!! Oh I recognize those the last two pictures :) Have been admiring those, Julia at OceanRhyme is so talented! Another shop I need to ban myself from...:)

Hi eolian! Omg yes, I’ve only just found Julia’s shop and I’m obsessed already! I’d love to see the pieces you have from her if you don’t mind, I can hardly wait for my pieces to get here and I’m sure that would help me keep sane whilst I wait :)

To be fair to the other two pictures (haha) the earrings pic is the only one that’s the “glamour” shot and the other two are the extra pictures requested in normal/less then optimal lighting.

Oh Moonpie I would LOVE to post the pics of my pieces from Julia but I only have one at hand, the rest is still in the US hopefully coming my way at the begining of the summer... You see I am in Europe with not so excessive pearl budget so I used to have all my US pearl purchases sent to my US friends address ( to avoid extra customs fee), she would come to Europe thrice a year...it worked out perfectly...and then 2020 happened...So you will definitely post your pics ahead of me :) I only have this white/pistachio akoya necklace with large FW baroques here with me... Next to baroque akoyas from PP...695E4134-BF6A-4A00-9D6D-7041A8919177.jpg

Well, I can show you my most eagerly anticipated piece from Julia - this colorful smallish tahitian necklace...I banned myself from her shop afterwards...She really is lovely and has so many beautiful and special pieces..

Attachments

• 961A9846-8D56-4C21-89F8-E28A05FB21F0.jpg
    961A9846-8D56-4C21-89F8-E28A05FB21F0.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 64
  • B823FB55-9DCA-43B8-85DB-7740B371D129.jpg
    B823FB55-9DCA-43B8-85DB-7740B371D129.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 55
Oh Moonpie I would LOVE to post the pics of my pieces from Julia but I only have one at hand, the rest is still in the US hopefully coming my way at the begining of the summer... You see I am in Europe with not so excessive pearl budget so I used to have all my US pearl purchases sent to my US friends address ( to avoid extra customs fee), she would come to Europe thrice a year...it worked out perfectly...and then 2020 happened...So you will definitely post your pics ahead of me :) I only have this white/pistachio akoya necklace with large FW baroques here with me... Next to baroque akoyas from PP...View attachment 77370

Well, I can show you my most eagerly anticipated piece from Julia - this colorful smallish tahitian necklace...I banned myself from her shop afterwards...She really is lovely and has so many beautiful and special pieces..

Oh wow wow wow!!! Thank you so much for indulging me Eolian. Your Tahitian strand is TDF, in fact I don’t know how you’re surviving not having it with you right now right this very second right now!!

:
Your akoyas are in a league of their own.. sigh... must add akoyas to the “need” list! Thank you once again for the beautiful eye candy and I really hope you’re not kept apart from your pearl babies for too long, I really don’t know how you stand it! I’m a wreck and I only have to wait a couple of weeks lol.

Thank you Moonpie! I was hoping all this waiting for my pearls would put me off making any more purchases, but nope, not a chance...made another one rogue this weekend... I hope at least your goodies will arrive soon enough, it’s always Christmas day with a pearly package arriving!

Back