Opera length lavender freshwater strand

multichrome

I needed a pick-me-up, so I treated myself to a 35” strand of lavender pearls from Pearl Paradise. It worked! I’m immensely cheered up! They are 6.5-7.0mm AA+ freshwaters. To me they seem very round, very lustrous, and very smooth. I know there are higher grade pearls, but these are so lovely. Of course everything about packaging, shipping etc. was perfect as always. When I am a bit presentable I’ll take a photo with them on. They’re a wonderful icy cool shade.

My photos were taken in natural light. The background is grubby but the light is good. :)

Thank you for looking!

1BB072A2-1F55-46E4-9F0E-5F5B67CFC32C.jpg

2AAA9F09-9765-4E66-85EB-E7E0EC2D13F0.jpg

24BD6D8B-65EA-40E1-AF5C-0FBEE8469857.jpg

89FBB9BC-FC6E-47DA-A803-D0A82498E908.jpg

803885E3-72E2-4BEB-AEB8-4205813BC57A.jpg

Last edited:
Those are lovely - I can see why they cheered you up. The surface looks excellent. I like 6-7mm for ropes - very wearable.

Lovely! I cheered myself up with some earrings from PP a couple weeks ago :) I've been wondering whether the lavender color would work for me but haven't tried any out yet. I'm looking forward to seeing a modeled pic when you get to it!

Such a gorgeous strand. I bought some circled south sea pearls from Pearlescence recently and it cheered me up as well.

Thank you for all your comments! I will try to post higher resolution photos, because these images seem to have been reduced in quality when I posted. The surfaces of the pearls look immaculate to the eye—I need to get out my loupe and see what they look like then. They also appear VERY round to me.

I also have a 35” 8.0mm white FW strand of same quality I got from PP earlier in the year. It’s also beautiful. I’ll post pics of it soon when we get some sun. I decided on the smaller size for this strand because I wanted to be able to knot it. Also, a 35 inch strand of 8mm pearls is HEAVY. :eek: So luxe, though!

Wishing you all a good day,

Cece

Last edited:
I uploaded higher resolution images here—I wasn’t able to link to them individually in a post. I’m going to work on getting my settings here to let me post better pics. :)

https://cecea.imgbb.com/

BWeaves, yes, what a lovely detail in the color of the thread! It’s just a scrumptious strand.

C1BE9FC4-C988-43FD-80F9-34798465EA12.jpg

Trying to see if I can get a higher res photo to load. Hopefully y’all won’t mind the extra eye candy. ;)

B01A9BA0-7175-4846-8BB5-9623CF11ECF7.jpg

Beautiful choice, yay for self care!

P.S. If these are AA+ I would probably faint at the sight of lavender Freshadamas.

Those are really lovely. And that purple thread caught my eye too. Nice pop of color! It really is those little things that make an item extra special.

Purple Edisons or Ming Fres Water Pearls

Purple Edisons or Ming Fres Water Pearls

Dear Forum members, for a few years have been looking for purple Edison pearl strands, found the prices ridiculous.
Seemed that their business was also not so good as the Grace name, the producer of Edison pearls, was changed into Edison Pearls of their Hong Kong office.
Other pearl famers producing likewise pearls are called Ming Pearls and I found them better in quality and price.
Does any of the Forum members have experience with Edison and Ming pearls?

Attachments

• purple2.pdf
    67.1 KB · Views: 54
Lovely strand, quite saturated color and quite round! And at opera length, YOU will get to see them when you wear them!

Dear Forum members, for a few years have been looking for purple Edison pearl strands, found the prices ridiculous.
Seemed that their business was also not so good as the Grace name, the producer of Edison pearls, was changed into Edison Pearls of their Hong Kong office.
Other pearl famers producing likewise pearls are called Ming Pearls and I found them better in quality and price.
Does any of the Forum members have experience with Edison and Ming pearls?

It seems like Edison has become a more widely used term. Here is a recent thread about purple "Edison" pearls. When I asked the seller specifically if they were "Edison" from Grace, she didn't reply.

Cees, the quality of the strands varied greatly when viewed in person, although no actual grade was given. It was difficult (for me) to read the quality from Li's photos.

Last edited:
In HK I've always preferred to buy Ming just because I like the people. Grace certainly has beautiful pearls but I've thought their prices a bit high . That said I've certainly bought from them every year but usually it's a matter of what I can find for the price. It's hard to know how things may have changed now though... the Virus has certainly disrupted everyones business.

I think Edison has become a 'generic' name for bead nucleated pearls just as Kleenex has for tissues and Xerox for copy machines. .

Back