Purple baroque strand from Kongs Pearl

I have NO experience with the issue of smelly pearls, but am wondering if putting them in a closed environment with a separate dish of baking soda might help, as it's a great odor absorbent? Like for example, a small dish of baking soda, the pearls on a plate, and a glass dome over ... or a large container with a small dish of baking soda, the pearls next to the dish, and a lid on the container?

Thank you CathyKeshi. The smell is gone now.

Cricketbug, my strand is 9-10mm and, no, I haven’t worn it yet. I haven’t even walked it around the house to find the best light. Either Suchi has found perfect light for photographing her strand or mine is not quite as intensely colorful, although all the same colors are there. Mine also seem to be more wrinkled.

Parrotlady i saw these colors only in early morning light, after putting the strand in a white plastic container near the window. In direct sunlight its mostly a dark purple.

Cricketbug, my strand is 9-10mm and, no, I haven’t worn it yet. I haven’t even walked it around the house to find the best light. Either Suchi has found perfect light for photographing her strand or mine is not quite as intensely colorful, although all the same colors are there. Mine also seem to be more wrinkled.
That’s a nice size strand. Wouldn’t it be nice to have perfect light for pearls all the time? :rolleyes:

Hi CricketBug, colours are natural. Kongs pearl has some more similar strands listed in etsy.
Thanks, suchi. I’ve been looking at various strands there, but just enjoying “window shopping” at this time. :)

Morning light really brings out the colors. They're beautiful, Suchi. I'm glad the smell is gone so you can wear them.

Back