Multicolor metallic rice krispies

raggdoll

So this is another pawn shop find that I am really pleased with. I actually only paid standard gold price for the 18K gold clasp that was originally on it and got the pearls thrown in for free. I decided to restring them and change to a smaller silver clasp. (This picture is taken while I am restringing them, I'll post some more pics when I'm done). These pearls are about 5x10mm and they have the nicest metallic shine to them. Some are lavender, some are cream colored and some are more gold toned. I have been gravitating more towards multicolored pearls lately and was happy to be able to start collecting some without breaking the bank :eek:

1.jpg

They are large for rice krispies. Some of them resemble my reborn pearls because there is a round bulge where the previous cultured pearl was removed and a new pearl grew in the old pearl sac without a nucleus. Then others are completely baroque. They're lovely.

Fantastic colors and a great find! Congratulations!!! Please post pictures when you've finished.

BWeaves : Never heard about reborn pearls before. How interesting! I was just guessing that these might be rice krispies, but I am sure no expert!

I finished stringing it and have taken some more pictures :)

3.jpg2.jpg1.jpg

Awesome find. I am going to have to hit up my local pawn shops pretty soon. You can find some steals sometimes!

Nice. It looks lovely. The necklaces always look better in neck shots.

I just received a strand of peachy rice pearls, out of the strand one was super golden metallic, I pulled it of course...and it will become an addition to my black spinel obsession.

Peach Metas.jpg

Last edited:
great find - I too love the multi-colors and the metallics. Interesting that they originally rated an 18k clasp.
Elizabeth

great find - I too love the multi-colors and the metallics. Interesting that they originally rated an 18k clasp.
Elizabeth

Yes I also wondered why someone chose a gold clasp for these pearls. However, I am saving that clasp for another project (also involving multicolored pearls, though not Rice Krispies).

Wonderful colors on the rice krispies. I don't know if I've ever seen them that colorful. Mom had some in blues and pinks but they were dyed. Those look to be naturally that color.

BPD, I bought some oval metallic peachies from Wen a while ago but haven't done anything with them. You're making me feel guilty. lol... I didn't like them as much bc they weren't as large as I wanted so I put them aside. And the rose gold filled chain I bought was too pretty to cut up. Anyone ever have that problem?

Wonderful colors on the rice krispies. I don't know if I've ever seen them that colorful. Mom had some in blues and pinks but they were dyed. Those look to be naturally that color.

Yes these does not look dyed, I am convinced they are naturally colored. They look so pretty when seen in sunlight, and the golden ones looks like little gold nuggets!

Back