Opinions on size for freshadama pearls- 7.5-8.0 mm vs 8.5-9.5 mm?

They look beautiful on you but with that gorgeous skin and neck, any necklace would!!

And what a difference a few neck shots make ... what a lovely outcome to your dilemma vintagelover!

They both look beautiful on you. Lovely pearls on a lovely young neck.

Do the 2 strands look good together, although the overtones are different? If so, you may occasionally want the drama of wearing them together. (Especially as you get older and PSS sets in, lol.) When wearing 2 strand of different sizes layered together as a double, I prefer that the strand with larger pearls be the longer, outside strand. Thus, I have a recommendation. Since you are having PP re-string the 2 stands anyway, change to 2 matching clasps. Then you can clasp the 2 strands together, criss-crossing in the back, and pull the larger strand longer and the smaller one shorter.

No question about it, they look great (and round) on your neck. I like the larger one in particular.

They both look beautiful on you. Lovely pearls on a lovely young neck.

Do the 2 strands look good together, although the overtones are different? If so, you may occasionally want the drama of wearing them together. (Especially as you get older and PSS sets in, lol.) When wearing 2 strand of different sizes layered together as a double, I prefer that the strand with larger pearls be the longer, outside strand. Thus, I have a recommendation. Since you are having PP re-string the 2 stands anyway, change to 2 matching clasps. Then you can clasp the 2 strands together, criss-crossing in the back, and pull the larger strand longer and the smaller one shorter.

That is a brilliant idea, KaySD! I think I may request that! I have never thought of stringing two strands together to make a double strand. The overtones are different but very, very subtle.

Thanks all for your kind comments! I'm overall happy with my purchase even though they aren't like perfectly round Akoya, I liked the idea of freshwaters lasting for a lifetime if properly taken of. You all have greatly helped me in my decisions. :)

That is a brilliant idea, KaySD! I think I may request that! I have never thought of stringing two strands together to make a double strand. The overtones are different but very, very subtle.

Just to give you an example of what it looks like, here are my 7-7.5 mm akoya strand and 8-8.5 mm Freshadama strand nestled together. The colors are not a perfect match, but it is hard to tell IRL when they are being worn.

Akoya & Freshadama Nested.jpgIMG_9566.jpg

Wow, KaySD! That is truly stunning on you...such a brilliant idea! Thanks for posting pics too. I love the look of layered pearls, so very Jackie O and Audrey Hepburn-like!

They look gorgeous on you and so much rounder in comparison to the box photos!

Kay, your pearls are stunning. I'm so surprised by how good the freshadama look wth your Akoya!

Back