Too large to wear?

LondonPearl

Is this too big and heavy to wear? My pearl gauge only works on the smallest pearl ...
IMG_4292.jpg

Now THESE are WILMA FLINTSTONE pearls!

Are these souffle' pearls or solid nacre? That would make the difference between if they are too heavy to wear.

But I think they would be too heavy for me either way.

They are very large "coin" nucleated. I selected them form about 100 kilos of raw material at a Chinese farm.

I have some strands of FW pearls in that size. They were heavy just knotted, so I made tin cups out of the strands with some short chain or jewels between each pearl. I still absolutely love large pearls! Very pretty.

My very, very large baroque pearls are set singly, as opposed to strung with others.

Can't tell by photos alone, I would need to try them on to see how they sit on my chunky neck.

DK :)

They are large...but I could see using them individually as pendants rather than as a strand. I would use as the centerpiece of a long necklace, maybe with a tassel component. Alternatively, I could also see using them individually as brooches with gemstones and gold elements. Lots of possibilities, but not as a strand. Or as our BWeaves wonderful hamantash.

Last edited:
I too would wear one of the larger ones on its own as a pendant.

DK :)

I could see maybe one of them strung on a rope necklace of other small pearls, and then worn on the side, like I do my clasps.

I'd wear them! But I like enormous jewelry.

I could see them as a long tin cup. I think they're too chunky as a strand.

Back