Metallic ripples

BPDDC, no I didn't say I doubt that you posted an unedited pix. I was just telling you what I do with my pix. My most reliable makeshift background or lightbox is just a plastic box from take away food. Bon, pearls photography interests me much. IMG_20161130_214500.jpg

Last edited:
Then my apologies I misunderstood.
Though I am not a photographer (I much prefer looking at gems under a microscope its like looking into another galaxy) one of my favorite pearl photos is of an Octo that our Sheri made for me, it is almost perfectly blended into the foliage like camo, with my old camera phone it was a true accomplishment and probably the only picture of pearls I am quite proud of enough to share here. I made my "lightbox" quite on the fly for some styling work so long ago now. I saw the professional boxes and thought too much money for something I would rarely use. I would never have thought to use a take out container thats brilliant.

Back to metallic pearls I am glad everyone has shared their stories and pics about Kong Pearls & Yunlan, she really is a very nice person. All those choices not sure how any of you make decisions...

BPDDC, no I didn't say I doubt that you posted an unedited pix. I was just telling you what I do with my pix. My most reliable background or lightbox is just a plastic box from take away food. Bon, pearls photography interests me much.

I'm ashamed to say but my phone is prob 5 years old now. I refuse to spend $$$ on one and Im a gadget nerd. I used a home made light box on the back porch no direct sun just day light. Same ole box that made Hector (Sheri's octo) colors pop.

listen, i don't even have a cell phone..i refuse to
so you're doing better then me

see these are the swirl of colors that make my heart beat faster
i love the orange to golden 'lit from within' colors

Hello everyone. I have been lurking in this forum for long, and got to know about kongspearl in etsy. Previously I have bought only from Wen. Well, this necklace is on its way home from China :)
View attachment 46485

it's wonderful......i hope you get so much enjoyment out of it
and post photos for us

All of the pearls are winners in my opinion! I am really impressed with the quality of what everyone here has received.

Suchi love those colours. A dark dark strand is wonderful

Katbran I've no plans yet. So just staring at them. haahahha

Suchi love those colours. A dark dark strand is wonderful

Katbran I've no plans yet. So just staring at them. haahahha

I have been eyeing her pearls for quite some time~and finally made a purchase right after I read your post~ :)
Will share once I have the pearls~ :)

Thanks everyone. I am eagerly waiting for it to arrive. Kong pearl also have a similar metallic golden lot which I am seeing everyday..... My wallet is so not very happy with me.

I am already looking at more possibilities, too. Hopefully you all beat me to the ones I'm eyeing and I can't be tempted anymore!

Suchi please post the strand you got. I wonder what it looks like IRL. The dark metallic purple is something I love to have... sigh.

Pareltje, sure will do but I guess it will take minimum 3 weeks time... Our customs likes to frustrate us by sitting on goodies for 2 weeks.
BTW, there are three metallic deep purple lots like mine in her shop right now. And one golden pink lot.

Still about Kong's metallic pearls, but now it's more about taking picture with some affordable stuff to help me achieve a better result. I'm an amateur photographer who is continuously learning.
This picture was taken indoors in natural light. The sky was overcast and it was getting darker out there fast.
I used a smartphone camera, a takeaway plastic box as a makeshift light box. Here's the result.IMG_20161201_150043.jpg

Last edited:
They are very affordable findings from beadsmaker on Etsy, JP. BTW congratulations on your Etsy shop. You have fantastic pieces there. Sorry for wiping my drool...

My loots of purples.... I bought this lotIMG_20161202_125606.jpg
And they look like this IRL. I love the magenta pearl here.
IMG_20161202_125025.jpg
Curled in a box. But I couldn't capture the green overtone well, sorry.
IMG_20161202_125315.jpg

Back