Metallic ripples

I just want to keep it in my loose gem collection, pull it out ever so often and call it "My Precious" lol

BPDDC, your pearl looks very colorful even with the "crap cam" filter. What will you be doing with this biggie?

I think you are exactly right! The overtones are amazing depending where the light hits.

How big are those pearls in your earrings? I love the negligee style earrings :)

BPDDC - I think I know exactly what colour that pearl is ! I've been struggling to photo some Ripple earrings and irl they are lavender rose green gold ..in photo they appear ...rosey tan ? Lol. They look so blah and yet they are quite pretty irl. View attachment 46478

I don't want to hijack the thread but here is the new pic indirect day light:

PEarl.jpg

This is closer to natural color to my eyes. Though it is not two tone, the colors swirl on rotating the pearl.

BPDDC - I need you to come over here and take my photos...that's the colour ! lol Well done..

thank JP and Pareltje - very kind words ! I've been having fun making all sorts of dangles .. my little torch is hard at work ! I love my rustic linked circle dangles ... I've never worn dangle earrings..now I can't stop making the findings lol I'm sure I'll get a new obsession ...hopefully it will swing back to my shopping bags of pearls that are scattered forgotten about the floor ...

And now back to Ripples !

Last edited:
Katbran, those earrings are beautiful. I love dangles.
BPDDC, I always photograph my pearls in the shade or in indirect light. Try blocking the light with your body, you'll see more colors in the camera. I always use either a white towel or a white box as the background. Sometimes I use a light tent to bring out all the colors.

I got my kong pearls ripples. I bought a small lot.
Yunlan from kong pearl is incredibly responsive. I like the quality of the pearls I got. No idea what I'll do with them. They are currently undrilled. I'm thinking a pendant for the really big one and maybe a ring for those dark dark ones.
I'm undecided. So I shall do what was suggested earlier and call them My Precious. Here are the pics in shade and in direct sunlight PhotoGrid_1480510220711.jpg

Yunlan from kong pearl is incredibly responsive. I like the quality of the pearls I got. No idea what I'll do with them. They are currently undrilled. I'm thinking a pendant for the really big one and maybe a ring for those dark dark ones.
I'm undecided. So I shall do what was suggested earlier and call them My Precious. Here are the pics in shade and in direct sunlight View attachment 46483

i been looking at the kong ripples.........
i can't get them now but boy have i been parked on that page and sighing a LOT
whatever you decide to do with them....of course you'll post photos right?

i don't know what it is about the ripples, and the baroque and the less then perfect pearls in candy colors...... but .....
well.....
you all know how it is.......

i don't know what it is about the ripples, and the baroque and the less then perfect pearls in candy colors...... but .....
well.....
you all know how it is.......

yes, yes we do, that is why we are here! LOL!

i think i shall have to go park myself on the kong pearls page for my lunch hour...everyone's photos have got me wishing for (yet another) precioussssss....

But juliebeth we are still busy ogling your Fiji pearls...I hope you brought back a lot of pretties...

I'm ashamed to say but my phone is prob 5 years old now. I refuse to spend $$$ on one and Im a gadget nerd. I used a home made light box on the back porch no direct sun just day light. Same ole box that made Hector (Sheri's octo) colors pop.

BPDDC - I need you to come over here and take my photos...that's the colour ! lol Well done..

thank JP and Pareltje - very kind words ! I've been having fun making all sorts of dangles .. my little torch is hard at work ! I love my rustic linked circle dangles ... I've never worn dangle earrings..now I can't stop making the findings lol I'm sure I'll get a new obsession ...hopefully it will swing back to my shopping bags of pearls that are scattered forgotten about the floor ...

And now back to Ripples !

Believe it or not that was in a light box : )

Katbran, those earrings are beautiful. I love dangles.
BPDDC, I always photograph my pearls in the shade or in indirect light. Try blocking the light with your body, you'll see more colors in the camera. I always use either a white towel or a white box as the background. Sometimes I use a light tent to bring out all the colors.

you can't have just one. They are like candy!

I'm undecided. So I shall do what was suggested earlier and call them My Precious. Here are the pics in shade and in direct sunlight View attachment 46483

I don't want to hijack the thread but here is the new pic indirect day light:

View attachment 46479

This is closer to natural color to my eyes. Though it is not two tone, the colors swirl on rotating the pearl.

This pix shows a lot of colors. Did you take this one in a light box? Camera also influences the end result. I found my Olympus exaggerate the blue color (good for scenery though) and my Fuji exaggerates the yellow. I don't like to edit my pearl pix except crop here and there or resize. When I take pix of pearls, I pick the best angle to show all the colors, this is not an easy job though.

Hello everyone. I have been lurking in this forum for long, and got to know about kongspearl in etsy. Previously I have bought only from Wen. Well, this necklace is on its way home from China :)
kongspearl_purple.jpg

I did not edit this picture in any way at all :( just a crop from my phone's camera, but I can see why you might doubt it.

Yes it was a box, a very cheaply made adhoc cut out box (so I would never call it a true lightbox at all). You are right I had to move the box or pearl around a lot to try and focus the camera, it would focus on one color and blur the reset, though it was not sunny eventually what I got are colors very close to what I see with my naked eyes. Even without bright sun light Im certain the metal planters around me reflected day light into my box, still it is a very colorful pearl on its own.

This pix shows a lot of colors. Did you take this one in a light box? Camera also influences the end result. I found my Olympus exaggerate the blue color (good for scenery though) and my Fuji exaggerates the yellow. I don't like to edit my pearl pix except crop here and there or resize. When I take pix of pearls, I pick the best angle to show all the colors, this is not an easy job though.

Wow that is nice. I swear they look like balls of candy! perfectly round is nice, but something about the colors caught on the baroque and semi baroque pearls. The one pic I posted is the first non black/tahitian pearl that I've literally coveted, just because of the colors.

Hello everyone. I have been lurking in this forum for long, and got to know about kongspearl in etsy. Previously I have bought only from Wen. Well, this necklace is on its way home from China :)
View attachment 46485

Back