Metallic ripples

Thank you, Sea Urchin :) Nice thing is, they're really a joy to wear too. Light, comfortable, but with a huge presence. And very wardrobe friendly, as the colors change with the light, like chameleons.

Cathy, do they weight a bit? My earlobes are still healing from my first ear piercings in June, and I'm afraid i won't be able to wear danglies until the year has passed =/.

Here are my round metallic nuked fwps from Kongs Pearl. Th color is light copper
IMG_20161115_104122.jpg IRL

so then kong pearls is a decent vendor?
Yes, Vi. Their pictures match the pearls I bought so far. If I may suggest you, always buy individually photographed pearls from any vendors. This has helped me with quality issues and avoided disappointment. Bear in mind though that Chinese vendors grade their pearls differently. They often exaggerate the grading. When you see AAAA grade, expect it to be between AA+ - AAA

Last edited:
I also bought some things from kongspearl. I got a 14mm round nuked freshwater and two pairs of the 11-12 metallic nuked ones. Still waiting on them to get here but I'll post pictures when the arrive. I also suggest requesting pictures if it's a listing that is not one where you can specifically pick pearls. The owner is very responsive and accomodating!

Got my order in today! I am really really happy with them. The colors are exactly what I was expecting, if not better. Quality is also right on part with what was shown. I hand-picked the 14mm Edison and I wish these pearls would photograph as stunningly as they appear in person. Luster on all of them is way better than in my crappy pictures. I will definitely be purchasing more.

Attachments

• 20161117_165345.jpg
    20161117_165345.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 28
Wow Lary007, they are so delish. I wonder what you will make out of them. 2 pairs of earrings and a pendant or ring?

Since this thread was originally about Kong's pearls, I am curious if the other orders have arrived, for those of you that ordered that is?

Vendor Pic: KONGS PRL CANDY.jpg

My Crappy Cam Pic: KNGS PRL.jpg

Last edited:
Wow Lary007, they are so delish. I wonder what you will make out of them. 2 pairs of earrings and a pendant or ring?
Must have missed this! Yes, I think the pairs I will keep together and make earrings. Not 100% about the 14mm. I'm wondering if maybe it will be too big for my taste as a pendant. I kinda thought about putting it on a simple band like the twist setting from PP in rose gold. But I'm open to suggestions :)

Must have missed this! Yes, I think the pairs I will keep together and make earrings. Not 100% about the 14mm. I'm wondering if maybe it will be too big for my taste as a pendant. I kinda thought about putting it on a simple band like the twist setting from PP in rose gold. But I'm open to suggestions :)

I'd turn the 14mm into a pendant. Simply because I don't want to knock the pearl against anything while I work. But that's my preference. The twist setting is gorgeous, I love it too. Another setting I love is the solar setting.

Cam is crap so not sure if better:

Kongs.jpg

18X14mm

I am going to try mine again on the back porch its relatively bland day sun wise....see if I can capture all the colors outside instead.

I also bought some things from kongspearl. I got a 14mm round nuked freshwater and two pairs of the 11-12 metallic nuked ones. Still waiting on them to get here but I'll post pictures when the arrive. I also suggest requesting pictures if it's a listing that is not one where you can specifically pick pearls. The owner is very responsive and accomodating!

Back