Metallic ripples

I only have a few Kasumi from Sarah too, Pareltje. The ones I have are mixed on a rope of vintage cream akoyas of varying sizes, and the kasumi are fairly smooth, but baroque, and a creamy white in color with hints of a pink overtone/undertone? So while beautiful and perfect for that rope, they lack the wildly beautiful colors of the strand on the website ... just glorious. A dream for me too, but not one I'm likely to achieve :) Sarah would maybe know about the weight question; I do not.

I only have a few Kasumi from Sarah too, Pareltje. The ones I have are mixed on a rope of vintage cream akoyas of varying sizes, and the kasumi are fairly smooth, but baroque, and a creamy white in color with hints of a pink overtone/undertone? So while beautiful and perfect for that rope, they lack the wildly beautiful colors of the strand on the website ... just glorious. A dream for me too, but not one I'm likely to achieve :) Sarah would maybe know about the weight question; I do not.

I saw the Kasumi look-alikes on Kojima strung as a necklace. I wanted that badly and was waiting for a sale moment. It was.... gone within a few days of listing it on their webshop. I still cry..... hiks...:(

so it would appear, that i am in good company with the kasumi and the look alikes.....

sniff.... at least i know who all is snapping up the wonders........

I saw the Kasumi look-alikes on Kojima strung as a necklace. I wanted that badly and was waiting for a sale moment. It was.... gone within a few days of listing it on their webshop. I still cry..... hiks...:(
Sarah has so many pearls and access to more that aren't on her site. She does special orders so I'm sure that you could still have a strand like that ;)

Oh Newberry, my list has become a lot longer! Sarah's round Kasumis are on my list since long now. I'm also saving up for Fiji pearls LOL.

Vi, it's great to know that those snapping up the wonders are PG members. We can see tons of shots and live vicariously lol.

Vi, it's great to know that those snapping up the wonders are PG members. We can see tons of shots and live vicariously lol.

i know...... and at least they know we won't actually drool on their pearls

ok that sounded weird..........

Oh Newberry, my list has become a lot longer! Sarah's round Kasumis are on my list since long now. I'm also saving up for Fiji pearls LOL.

Sarah actually knows the Kasumi pearl farmers and chooses which pearls she wants from them at the pearl farm and not a middleman. She has a couple TDF Kausmi strands. Look up the thread that Lizziefuzzysocks and I did when we visited her this past spring. She has one of the strands on in the pictures. She can make your Kasumi dreams come true ;)

Sarah actually knows the Kasumi pearl farmers and chooses which pearls she wants from them at the pearl farm and not a middleman. She has a couple TDF Kausmi strands. Look up the thread that Lizziefuzzysocks and I did when we visited her this past spring. She has one of the strands on in the pictures. She can make your Kasumi dreams come true ;)

Newberry, a strand of genuine Kasumi can only happen in my dream. A pair is more realistic :D

now if we ever hit the lotto.........

Newberry, a strand of genuine Kasumi can only happen in my dream. A pair is more realistic :D

I saw this pair on her web site and I now wear them often. They go with many of my other pearls. I love that in some light they look green and in some light they like pink or even copper.

IMG_0866.jpg

green Kasumiearrings.jpg

BTW she usually has a sale on cyber Monday or black Friday. I have my eye on something on her site that I'm waiting for the sale for :)

Well, now I'm going to expire of curiosity, Newberry ... fingers crossed for you! I'm being good till every one of my "in the works" projects is DONE .... or until one of our dear friends posts some new pearly discovery ... LOL. But if you'd like to whisper in the pack mule's ear about a certain strand of Kasumi pearls, Christmas is coming, and you can remind him we don't really need 2 cars ...

The Kasumi's that really get me are those with the strong greens on !!!

Well, now I'm going to expire of curiosity, Newberry ... fingers crossed for you! I'm being good till every one of my "in the works" projects is DONE .... or until one of our dear friends posts some new pearly discovery ... LOL. But if you'd like to whisper in the pack mule's ear about a certain strand of Kasumi pearls, Christmas is coming, and you can remind him we don't really need 2 cars ...

Don't expire Cathy it's only a little something nothing big at all. That "pack mule" really did fine on his own last year. Let him know to call Sarah again ;)

He had a LOT of help from Sarah last year LOL. He might well figure that effort covered years and years ... But I have no complaints; he let me walk out of PP in July with ... pearls from Fiji ... while we all let him pretend he was in charge :)

I saw this pair on her web site and I now wear them often. They go with many of my other pearls. I love that in some light they look green and in some light they like pink or even copper.

View attachment 45992

View attachment 45993

BTW she usually has a sale on cyber Monday or black Friday. I have my eye on something on her site that I'm waiting for the sale for :)

Ohhhh those greens are TDF!!!
That's what happened with the Kasumi look-alikes (they were Chinese ripple pearls) I waited for a sale. It had gone before the sale started!

If I ever won the Euromillions jackpot, I'd buy you a strand, Vi!

and if i hit the lotto i'll buy you one

and if wishes were horses, i would have the BEST fertilized garden in the northern hemisphere

and if i hit the lotto i'll buy you one

and if wishes were horses, i would have the BEST fertilized garden in the northern hemisphere

Good, Vi! Shake hands!
Newberry, they are my Kojima purchases
IMG_20161107_202321.jpg

Last edited:
Back