Metallic ripples

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlackPearlDudeDC View Post
    I had a not so great experience a while back but I am glad to hear others more positive. It might be worth another attempt. Thanks for the insight
    BPDDC, thanks for your input.
    This is my first purchase so I didn't know it would turn out well. I always try to be as careful as possible when buying from a new vendor from whom I never had a business transaction before. Of course I also keep in mind that I'm dealing with Chinese vendors, their culture is different from mine. In the past I got some seemingly rude replies from Chinese vendors but I think it has something to do with their limited English proficiency. Some people there are simply direct - too direct, maybe?
    And so far I don't always have good experience with the same vendor from whom I bought my pearls from in the past. I had a good experience with Aloha some time ago, I told you that in another thread. This time I didn't have a good experience at all. I emailed Alec to ask if I might get a picture of a few strands of his GSSP keshi pearls like Hanadama did with her Tahitian Keshis. I wanted to choose the darkest gold possible for my project (keshi and gemstone briolettes necklace in the style of Marco Bicego). You guessed right, I didn't get a reply. This, however, doesn't deter me from buying from Aloha again in the future if they have something lovely.
    I also bear in mind that I can't compare Etsy (individual) shops's customer service with PP or PoJ. Even in Europe, vendors' response to my inquiries is also diverse.
    Last edited by Pareltje; 11-04-2016, 01:49 PM. Reason: adding info

Comment

Originally posted by trulyviolet View Post
      i better do really well at my shows next year......that's all i'm saying
      cause i look through and get the 'gimme gimme's'
      and the 'i wants'
      Vi, have you seen the Holy Grail ripple pearls from Pearls of Joy? They took my breath away.... and the price too LOL Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20161104_130954.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	100.0 KB
ID:	370419
      The necklace is from Wen Pearl.
      Last edited by Pareltje; 11-04-2016, 01:15 PM.

Comment

whaaaaat? Pareltje, I've been looking at Wen stuff but haven't ordered yet. do you remember what listing are those from?

Comment

Originally posted by Mermaid View Post
          whaaaaat? Pareltje, I've been looking at Wen stuff but haven't ordered yet. do you remember what listing are those from?
          They are from paired ripple pearls listings. I think Wen has removed the listing because they're old already and most of them have sold out. I picked them pair by pair....

Comment

Looks like you have done well on your earrings ! Be interested to know how they look in real life ! Good luck !
            https://www.instagram.com/pearlzaustralia/?hl=en
            https://www.etsy.com/shop/pearlzaustralia

Comment

Originally posted by Pareltje View Post
              Vi, have you seen the Holy Grail ripple pearls from Pearls of Joy? They took my breath away.... and the price too LOL [ATTACH]45962[/ATTACH]
              The necklace is from Wen Pearl.
              yup and i also saw the kasumi lavender sunset pearl necklace from kojima and almost had an out of the body moment

Comment

Originally posted by lisa c View Post
                Of course, hang around! We are your people.

The pearls remind me of the candy colored pearls. They put regular pearls in the shade. I'm in love with the one that looks like a pink cloud, or sherbet.
                you and me both
                and i like the darker ones that look like holiday mercury glass ornaments from the 40s-50s

Comment

Vi, Kojima's ripples are superb. I got a pair of kasumis from them. I missed the necklace I wanted a few years ago.

Comment

Vi, Kojima's ripples are superb. I got a pair of kasumis from them. I missed the necklace I wanted a few years ago.
                    those make me actually cry....... i know they aren't in my future but i hope who ever does get them loves them dearly

Comment

It went to a loving home, Vi. The owner is on pricescope. Don't know if she is a member here too

Comment

It went to a loving home, Vi. The owner is on pricescope. Don't know if she is a member here too
                        thank goodness...... sniff, i worry you know
                        sniff

Comment

Sarah's Kojima kasumi pearls are genuine Japanese Kasumi pearls, rather than Chinese "kasumi-like" pearls. The Chinese make some gorgeous kasumi-style pearls, no doubt about it. Once you've held one of Sarah's Kojima Kasumi strands in your hands up close ... the color, luster and orient are extraordinary. I couldn't buy the strand I held at Kojima this summer, sadly ... but it haunts me yet.
                          Cathy

CathyKeshi

Comment

Vi, the owner is definitely a pearl lover

Cathy, I only have a pair of Japanese Kasumis. the color, luster, orient and weight can't compare 100% to the Chinese ripple pearls of the same size. I think real Kasumis are lighter which may be the result of the nucleus? I wonder....And I can only dream about owning a strand of genuine Kasumis

Comment

I only have a few Kasumi from Sarah too, Pareltje. The ones I have are mixed on a rope of vintage cream akoyas of varying sizes, and the kasumi are fairly smooth, but baroque, and a creamy white in color with hints of a pink overtone/undertone? So while beautiful and perfect for that rope, they lack the wildly beautiful colors of the strand on the website ... just glorious. A dream for me too, but not one I'm likely to achieve Sarah would maybe know about the weight question; I do not.
                              Cathy

CathyKeshi

Comment

Originally posted by CathyKeshi View Post
                                I only have a few Kasumi from Sarah too, Pareltje. The ones I have are mixed on a rope of vintage cream akoyas of varying sizes, and the kasumi are fairly smooth, but baroque, and a creamy white in color with hints of a pink overtone/undertone? So while beautiful and perfect for that rope, they lack the wildly beautiful colors of the strand on the website ... just glorious. A dream for me too, but not one I'm likely to achieve Sarah would maybe know about the weight question; I do not.
                                I saw the Kasumi look-alikes on Kojima strung as a necklace. I wanted that badly and was waiting for a sale moment. It was.... gone within a few days of listing it on their webshop. I still cry..... hiks...

Comment

Working...
                                X