Fun stuff on the way!

Cathy, next time you order bigger keshis with bigger diamond studs LOL. Indeed your keshis show a ton of superb iridescent - drool....

I've decided my pearl tastes are too boring...

Sea Urchin, way to step out of the box! I thought my pearl tastes were too boring also....so I thought I was really stepping out of the box with pink/ lavender rounds. LOL!!!:confused:

So... you mean round pink and lavender pearls isn't stepping out of the box then?! :p

My pearls have arrived and well, I think they are more "craft" level. In other words, I got what I paid for (at $5 a pair, drilled, and I think, $12 for the fireball pearl).

I had to try, but I think I'll start over. It really doesn't make sense to put real gold findings on pearls I'm not crazy about. I do really like the fireball pearl, except for the thin line of brown in a crease and a couple of little fishbites, neither of which are very noticeable. So, I don't know...

fire3.jpg

fire2.jpg

fire1.jpg

Maybe you can experiment with silver findings and cz or semi precious gems instead of diamond or any other precious gems. See if you like the final result. Personally I don't like my perfect pearls drilled all over the surface to be studded with gemstones. But that's how I like my pearls to be.

Maybe you can make something fun out of the pearls, like crafty bead and pearl stretch bracelets for girly stocking stuffers. :)

Use Sterling or Gold filled for those. Save the real gold for high quality pearls.
You can do lots with those ...as suggested ...a stretchy bracelet ... wire wrap bracelet or tin cup bracelets stone and pearl bracelets? They are ok , bit hard to tell if they are at all colourful. But sometimes you just need to out things away and inspiration might strike later.

The Flameball has potential. .. you could gat a nice fat modern silver bail or even a fat eye pin and hang it on leather ... slightly Rustic ..then the brownish line might not stand out . Add a charm or such to it as well ..a cluster of things ? Like a starfish or sand dollar and one of Sherrys little tiny Octopi ?

So... you mean round pink and lavender pearls isn't stepping out of the box then?! :p

My pearls have arrived and well, I think they are more "craft" level. In other words, I got what I paid for (at $5 a pair, drilled, and I think, $12 for the fireball pearl).

I had to try, but I think I'll start over. It really doesn't make sense to put real gold findings on pearls I'm not crazy about. I do really like the fireball pearl, except for the thin line of brown in a crease and a couple of little fishbites, neither of which are very noticeable. So, I don't know...

View attachment 46258

View attachment 46259

View attachment 46260

I would pm LadyDistain and ask her if she could create a band for you to wrap around that pearl plus a matching bale. Her web site has beautiful hand crafted gold and silver pieces. I want soooo badly one of her gold orchids. Another idea would be to contact John at PP for one of his hand made gold bands that he does for the ringed line. Done right that pearl could be an exquisite jewelry piece.

Back