Pearl Paradise The Internet's Largest Collection of Fine Pearls - Shop Now! 80% Off Retail. Free Returns. Free Shipping. A+ Rating on BBB.

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fun stuff on the way!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CathyKeshi View Post
    Love the idea of gem studded fireball! There was one on PP sale last year, that just screamed at me to make it into an octopus, with gem eyes, but it got away before I could adopt it. Good luck with your project, Sea Urchin. Trulyviolet, yes ... you'll know when you see the right pearls, but handling pearls in real life does help ... I'm not that far away, if you want to play with my pearls over lunch some day ...

Here's another example of gem studded pearls: super gorgeous freshwater keshi pearls and tiny diamonds. These happen to be prong set, but could have been bezeled, and were my first delightful "designed just for me by Hisano!!!" purchase from PP, and I still love these. There are a few diamonds on various sides so no matter how the pearls turn, you can spot a bit of sparkle. Subtle, easily worn casual with jeans and flannel , but sparkle nonetheless.

[ATTACH]45933[/ATTACH]
    Those keshis are TDF, Cathy! Wow!!!

Comment

I've been pleasantly surprised with my purchases from Wen! Her photos are very accurate IMHO!

Comment

Originally posted by CathyKeshi View Post
        Love the idea of gem studded fireball! There was one on PP sale last year, that just screamed at me to make it into an octopus, with gem eyes, but it got away before I could adopt it. Good luck with your project, Sea Urchin. Trulyviolet, yes ... you'll know when you see the right pearls, but handling pearls in real life does help ... I'm not that far away, if you want to play with my pearls over lunch some day ...

Here's another example of gem studded pearls: super gorgeous freshwater keshi pearls and tiny diamonds. These happen to be prong set, but could have been bezeled, and were my first delightful "designed just for me by Hisano!!!" purchase from PP, and I still love these. There are a few diamonds on various sides so no matter how the pearls turn, you can spot a bit of sparkle. Subtle, easily worn casual with jeans and flannel , but sparkle nonetheless.

[ATTACH]45933[/ATTACH]
        very sparkly!!!! i think maybe those pearls are more eye catching then if it was a necklace of diamonds

Comment

This is a lovely idea! But I have no idea how one would go about it.

Comment

Thanks Pareltje and trulyviolet. Honestly, the diamonds are very small, and very subtle sparkly accents ... or maybe it's just that I can't see them when I'm wearing it LOL. But the luster and the orient of the keshis outshines the diamonds by far, and I'm okay with that
            Cathy

CathyKeshi

Comment

Cathy, next time you order bigger keshis with bigger diamond studs LOL. Indeed your keshis show a ton of superb iridescent - drool....

Comment

I have always admired that strand Cathy.
                http://www.oceanscovejewelry.com
                Instagram: Ocean's Cove

Comment

LOVE the gem studded pearls! Another beautiful dimension!
                  Pattye

PatriciaSaabDesigns.etsy.com

facebook.com/PatriciaSaabDesigns

SO MANY PEARLS, SO LITTLE TIME----

Comment

[QUOTE=Frost Me;167797]
                    Originally posted by Sea Urchin View Post
                    I've decided my pearl tastes are too boring...

Sea Urchin, way to step out of the box! I thought my pearl tastes were too boring also....so I thought I was really stepping out of the box with pink/ lavender rounds. LOL!!!
                    So... you mean round pink and lavender pearls isn't stepping out of the box then?!

My pearls have arrived and well, I think they are more "craft" level. In other words, I got what I paid for (at $5 a pair, drilled, and I think, $12 for the fireball pearl).

I had to try, but I think I'll start over. It really doesn't make sense to put real gold findings on pearls I'm not crazy about. I do really like the fireball pearl, except for the thin line of brown in a crease and a couple of little fishbites, neither of which are very noticeable. So, I don't know...

Click image for larger version

Name:	fire3.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	19.5 KB
ID:	370607

Name:	fire2.jpg
Size:	19.8 KB
ID:	370608

Name:	fire1.jpg
Size:	17.6 KB
ID:	370609

Comment

Maybe you can experiment with silver findings and cz or semi precious gems instead of diamond or any other precious gems. See if you like the final result. Personally I don't like my perfect pearls drilled all over the surface to be studded with gemstones. But that's how I like my pearls to be.

Comment

Maybe you can make something fun out of the pearls, like crafty bead and pearl stretch bracelets for girly stocking stuffers.

Comment

Use Sterling or Gold filled for those. Save the real gold for high quality pearls.
                          You can do lots with those ...as suggested ...a stretchy bracelet ... wire wrap bracelet or tin cup bracelets stone and pearl bracelets? They are ok , bit hard to tell if they are at all colourful. But sometimes you just need to out things away and inspiration might strike later.

The Flameball has potential. .. you could gat a nice fat modern silver bail or even a fat eye pin and hang it on leather ... slightly Rustic ..then the brownish line might not stand out . Add a charm or such to it as well ..a cluster of things ? Like a starfish or sand dollar and one of Sherrys little tiny Octopi ?
                          https://www.instagram.com/pearlzaustralia/?hl=en
                          https://www.etsy.com/shop/pearlzaustralia

Comment

Your flame ball looks very octo like to me...in other words, I could see tentacles swirling out from the tail end of the pearl.
                            http://www.oceanscovejewelry.com
                            Instagram: Ocean's Cove

Comment

I can't see the brown line..but if it's between the round Nucleus area and the tail...maybe consider running a fine band of gold around it. Easy to do and it would be thin so wouldn't cost much for the gold and then get a jeweler with a laser welder to zap it. The a matching pin in the top.
                              https://www.instagram.com/pearlzaustralia/?hl=en
                              https://www.etsy.com/shop/pearlzaustralia

Comment

[QUOTE=Sea Urchin;169033]
                                Originally posted by Frost Me View Post

So... you mean round pink and lavender pearls isn't stepping out of the box then?!

My pearls have arrived and well, I think they are more "craft" level. In other words, I got what I paid for (at $5 a pair, drilled, and I think, $12 for the fireball pearl).

I had to try, but I think I'll start over. It really doesn't make sense to put real gold findings on pearls I'm not crazy about. I do really like the fireball pearl, except for the thin line of brown in a crease and a couple of little fishbites, neither of which are very noticeable. So, I don't know...

[ATTACH]46258[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]46259[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]46260[/ATTACH]
                                I would pm LadyDistain and ask her if she could create a band for you to wrap around that pearl plus a matching bale. Her web site has beautiful hand crafted gold and silver pieces. I want soooo badly one of her gold orchids. Another idea would be to contact John at PP for one of his hand made gold bands that he does for the ringed line. Done right that pearl could be an exquisite jewelry piece.

Comment

Working...
                                X