Trying to choose a white metallic freshwater strand ...

dornab,

I think the varied tones will look amazing. It will make the strand look real. The problems with a strand where every pearl is alike is that fake pearl strands also have every pearl look alike. People who wear top grade round pearls sometimes find that people think they are wearing fakes. Ironic.

If you want to read more threads with photos of people's metallic white strands, use this link. Type "metallic white" into the search field and it will bring up threads about metallic white FW pearls on Pricescope's pearl forum:

http://www.pricescope.com/forum/search-google.php

dornab -- unfortunately weather today is so gloomy, bad light for picture. I dug through my old pictures and found these;

IMG_1150.jpg

IMG_1151.jpg

IMG_1152.jpg

IMG_1153.jpg

The middle strand is the Metallic Freshadama. I attached all for you to see different colortones of them through out the strand :)

and here is the neckshot - colortones only show under sunlight

Screen Shot 2016-10-27 at 16.13.36.jpg

Goodness, Mizzkie, that's gorgeous!

@Dornab, I don't know what your budget is but I usually grapple with the give and take between cost and level of perfection. For example, I'm pretty sure my metallic white rope would cost a pretty penny more if the pearls were round rather than off-round. But since you can't tell at regular viewing distance, I'd rather have the lower price point. I haven't priced freshadama-grade metallics of the size and length you're considering but you might want to check on it, if it will figure in on your decision to buy now or wait. Hope you'll post a neck shot!

Mizzkie, thanks for the pics! I hadn't noticed that your strand is multi-colored in the neck shots! I'm getting the multi-colored one :)

Sea Urchin, I don't have a budget but I'm too excited to wait that long.

They told me the earrings are 7-8mm, I was looking for 8-9mm, so I will probably get some other choices for those, will post it when I do.

I prefer the top pair .of earring as I feel lustre is better. (I'm assuming there have all been matched to your necklace strands ? )

I do see a difference in the pearl colours in the bottom strand. In the top photo ..are they all the same three strands ? Personally the pearls that don't match would bother me.

Last edited:
I like the middle strand (good luster and a bit rounder, and nicely matched), and the top pair for the studs.

Sea Urchin (love the name! :) -- thanks to PP esp Hisano who was able to find these gorgeous babies for me and many other pearl lovers!

dornab -- yes the same strand do not show undertones on my skin as much as on white paper towel and when wear - they reflect different color under different lighting (white bathroom, yellow living room, sunlight) and more so to these metallic freshwater than other white pearls I have. I am so excited for you with your new purchase. Please share pictures so we can admire (and drooling over) them too :)

I might get the middle strand for my mom's birthday!

I got the pics for the studs, what do you think?

White Metallic Stud Comparison NATURAL.jpgWhite Metallic Stud Comparison STUDIO.jpg

I like all three pairs! I'm leaning towards the first or third, although the third do look smaller? You can't go wrong with any of them.

Just ordered :)

I changed my strand, got the middle one instead of the multi-colored one. I'm very sensitive to color, so it might bother me after a while. And it's my first pearl necklace, I can always get a multi colored one later :)

I got the left earrings. Also I asked PP to make me a tin cup bracelet with the 4-5 remaining pearls from the necklace.

Can't wait to get them in person! Will post pics when I get them.

Thanks everyone for very helpful comments, I couldn't do it without you.

Ahhhh I missed the vote on the earring but I would have chosen the #1 too.

Please share pictures when your order arrive so we can drool all over them over the screen together :D

So things went wrong, they sent me the wrong pearls :( I was very surprised at how different they look in person versus in the pictures, especially the roundness, but turned out it was the wrong strand. I think the problem was that my order got a bit complicated, I had a custom tin cup bracelet as well, so they/I forgot to leave a note that my pearls are already chosen ... They are very nice though, it's just a mistake, and they are taking full responsibility.

So, I'm supposed to send them back and get new ones. They don't know which pearls I had chosen so we need to select a new strand and start over.

So here it goes. I really appreciate your votes, again! Also, if you don't think any of them are good enough, please tell me, I can ask for more samples.

Metallic Studs STUDIO.jpgMetallic Studs NATURAL.jpgMetallic Strands STUDIO.jpgMetallic Strands NATURAL.jpg

I'm sure that was disappointing but these are also nice.

Earrings on the right, bottom strand IMO.

First pair (left) on the card of 3 pairs; bottom strand.
PP is generally really great about fixing things...I had a couple of glitches with orders that were made right very quickly. I would definitely trust them. I think a true test of a good business is when a transaction goes wrong...is it handled appropriately? I know it can be disappointing, but I'd much rather deal with a wonderful customer service staff who is committed to make it things right.

I also like the bottom one for the luster. How do you think the roundness differs between the three?

Some more pictures of the bottom strand, I asked for these so we can see the color better.

A.jpgB.jpgC.jpg

Back