How close is Metallic Freshadama to Hanadama Akoya (??)

Wow! High Fives to everyone being able to tell them apart ;)

I was asked by our fellow member to take some pictures of the Metallic Freshadama on white paper towel, might as well post those pictures here -- though I am always curious about white surface as I came acrossed many threads asking for pictures of pearls on white surface/paper towel. Can someone let me know why (??)

And here's pics - sunlight vs under shade;
Metallic Freshadama
Metallic freshadama 2

Great photos!
What is the size of the metallic white freshadamas?

Pearl luster just shows up better against a white background. Even lustrous pearls look rather dull when photographed against a dark background.

Great photos!
What is the size of the metallic white freshadamas?

Pearl luster just shows up better against a white background. Even lustrous pearls look rather dull when photographed against a dark background.

These are 8-8.5mm

All lovely! I agree -- neck shots, please!!! That's when pearls come alive. On their owner...

The metallics are gorgeous and a great size. I would love to see them on you. Did you keep the regular Freshadama strand too?

Hello All,
Thank you for the compliments on those pearls. All credits go to Pearl Paradise esp. Hisano who is so sweet and helpful. Yes, I am a very lucky person!

I'll try to take picture of neckshot, though I feel a little intimidated that my neckline will not live up to how gorgeous these pearls are. LOL

KaySD - I sent the regular Freshadama back as I am saving $$ for my next pearl necklace hunting project .. SOUTH SEA PEARLS! (Yes, Pearl Dreams, you sparked that need in me ;) That being said, I still know very little about it and welcome all info./suggestion/comments from anyone. I am in love with the Silver tone. Pearl Paradise will be my first destination when I am ready financially.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here comes the neck shots of the Metallic Freshadama --

neck shots of the Metallic Freshadama

neck shots of the Metallic Freshadama 2

Might as well put on the Akoya Hanadama for comparison --

neck shots of the Metallic Freshadama next to hanadama
neck shots of the Metallic Freshadama worn with hanadama

I cannot believe how PP's Freshwater can be comparable to Akoya Hanadama!! I may check out PP's Akoya pearls one of these days :))

Thank you all again for the compliment!

I thought I wanted to get freshwater pearl necklace for casual wear but they turn out to be too stunning to wear casually! :eek:

Back