Please help me chose before my brain fizzes out of my ears

moonpie

And my head goes pop. I posed this pic in my other thread but I think it will get seen more here and also hoping the pic comes out a bit bigger.

Which one is the 'best' for you and why.

For me it's between the metallic (won't say which) and the 3rd freshadama from the top because they have the least rose overtone (I want silver) and they seem the most uniform strands (excluding the 4th one up from the bottom but it had bad luster). I care about roundness and the strand being really really matched in size, body and tone and ofcourse luster.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-02-14-13-01-02.jpg
    Screenshot_2016-02-14-13-01-02.jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
Let's hope this works...

Attachments

• pP5doUNpLJCDvjqf8sXjpPeYu.jpg
    pP5doUNpLJCDvjqf8sXjpPeYu.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 34
Why don't you do it like voting. Instead of trying to pick the one you like, keep throwing out the ones you don't until only one is left.

I like the top strand best, but you do not seem to want that much variation in the overtones.
The second from the top is very nice but it has a rosy pearl that is closer to the center of the strand.
The third also has rosy pearls that are not in the center section. The center seems more silver and more uniform.
The fourth strand is less nearly round.
The fifth stand is less lustrous and you said you don't want it.
The sixth from the top (3rd from the bottom) is my second favorite but it also has a bit more rose in some of the pearls than you seem to want.
The seventh from the top (2nd from the bottom) is very rosy.
The bottom strand seems a bit eggy and has the green overtones typical to the metallics.

So: Either #3 or #6.
I like #6 better but you might prefer #3.

Haha pearl dreams it's like you've read my mind and typed it a out for me. The problem is I see something nice in every single strand!!!

For eg I love the second to last one, but I know it won't suit my skin tone! I also really liked the 4th one from the bottom because of its uniformity but it lacks luster.

Again I love the idea of the metallic 1 (last 1) but I don't know if the oval shape will bother in me real life. I do want a round necklace... and I can only afford freshwaters now (so no akoyas) so I want as close to that as possible.

But maybe the amazing luster in the metallics will make me forget that they are not round? Maybe I won't care as much as I care now, when I have them in hand?

I don't know :( :( :(

Plus will the metallic one be creamy looking in person? I don't want creamy....I want white body tone.... (as white as a freshwater pearl gets without being nuked to death)

Are those AAA metallics? My AAA metallics look off round on the table but round on my neck.

Attachments

• AAA 8.0-8.5mm metallic whites.jpg
    AAA 8.0-8.5mm metallic whites.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 38
  • 8.0-8.5 AAA white metallic strand neck.jpg
    8.0-8.5 AAA white metallic strand neck.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 43
For lustre alone, I would opt for the 2nd strand from the bottom.

However, if I were to get a strand that is more silver and less pink, then I would opt for the 4th strand from the top.

Good luck with your choice.

DK :)

As to whether they are creamier or whiter white, PP should be able to tell you that.

For reference, mine are whiter with those green undertones, but I know they subsequently have had some that were creamier. That doesn't mean the ones in your photo are, though. Ask.

Thanks so much for the picture pearl dreams. Yes they are aaa. In that pic the 3rd from the top luster and the metallic luster look to me the same?

They do both look very lustrous. And the 3rd one from top looks rounder.

The green undertones seem to make the white look whiter, to me, on my skin. But that last strand is less round to my eyes.

Yes the metallic strand is the least roundest and more oval. Your strand looks incredibly white esp with the white top on too... so beautiful.

If you've weeded out the ones you definitely don't like, have them rephotograph just the ones you're considering.

Part of the problem of a group like this is that they are laying right next to each other. So a bad one will make the one next to it look better by comparison.

Moonpie, you are not alone in search for a great silver Freshadama strand. I have been on PP list along with verbal requests for a silver Freshadama strands for quite sometime, and they have been very helpful I just haven't pulled the trigger yet. I do think for roundness the Freshadama will be as close as it can but, not like an Akoya roundness. My last Freshadama purchase was a double bracelet in silver. In some lighting situations the bracelet looks matched for color, in other lighting one strand is more creamy . This might be orient I was told by PP. I have struggled plenty with the color variation of the two strands being side by side. The pearls are not as round as I expected some a little eggy, but are much more round than the metallics that I have purchashed then returned. There will be color differences in each pearl it is organic, and for roundness that will vary. The metallics will not be as round in my experience unless they are earrings. My point is you might want to hold out longer and wait.

IMG_8240.jpg
IMG_8245.jpg

Back