Hong Kong beauties !

Katbran

For those who love lavender pearls .. look at this strand of Ming that Wendy posted . I'd post the photo but don't think I can without asking her and she's obviously in HK . So here is the link to the photo. To be honest I don't usually look at blogs as I don't have a huge amount of time to spend on the computer but I did take a look as I thought she'd said she was going over quite early. Looking forward to Jeremy's blogs and photos which should be coming soonish...not sure what day they arrive in HK . And Cees..if you read this..do post some photos as well..you find the most amazing pearls ! Boy I wish I was there...by the time I decided that I could go the airline tickets were ridiculously high. :mad:

https://www.pearlescence.co.uk/blog/

Hahaha , Katbran, thanks. I could not resist this time to buy also. Bought Myanmar South Sea clean drops 10-12 mm, which just came in during the Bangkok Fair this week and very nice and high luster South Sea drops 9-11 mm from Atlas, Raja Ampat, Indonesia.
But hell what did the prices go up.

Off to Hong Kong on Wednesday for 2 days.

Attachments

• drops.jpg
    drops.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 39
Cees, your drops are making my mouth water! Can you post more pictures of the WSS and GSS drops for us?

Oh, please show us more, Cees �� Those WSS drops remind me a bit of a fat silver white Tahitian drop :)

Wow! fantastic Pearls ....those lavender ones are a delight and Cees, you never cease to amaze with your finds ....:)

Here you go...some of the pix from the last four days.mings.jpgmings.jpgming keishi.jpg
Ming pearls are right up there with edison for quality this time, I'd say, and the tiny roundish ones are confirmed as Ming keishi. I checked with the main ming wholesaler and he confirmed that these tiny beauties can form if the bead implant fails to make a pearl. There's only maybe 100 in a bag in his pocket at the moment.(yes I did get some more!. Their lustre and colour are amazing)
We had a long chat about how much pearls have improved in the last five years - metallic was rare then. Now it is possible for me to turn up my nose at anything not metallic.
The effort to emulate white south sea is succeeding. They will nail that one soon. They've got the colour of the white (?) right, and the silkyness..but the roundness isn''t there yet. The yellow ones still look dyed though.
No tahitian look alikes yet, but since the freshwater versions will cost a fraction of the cost of ss i'd be worrying if I were in that market.
nuke with hands.jpegnat.jpeg

Wendy -- thanks for the additional pictures! So much fun to look at!!! I hope you're having fun and that the weather is okay for you.

That's my fave opi gel polish and it came before the pearls.
The multi pearls aren't coi?s with a coin bead proper. I call them splatts. Think a squished ball of blu tac. Make great earrings . This was the first time i'd found natural colours. Always white in the past.
Day off today as everyone is packing for the show which opwns tomorrow. So i just spent four hours at the hk history museum

The color of those lavender pearls!!! Any of course, those little keshi ... oh, I'd walk around all day with a little bag of keshi in my pocket LOL :)
Thanks, Wendy !

Forgot to mention that i've found some of the 'pearls at both ends'earrings. Two styles.
That's four pearls to match
.. not two ....groans...

Excellent ideas Katbran. The first thing I'll have to do is figure out how these things go together
I had them put one all assembled into each pack. Otherwise.....

Those lavender strands look luscious, pearlesence!

Back