Amazing Luster - Cortez Pearl

PearlLVR

Community member
I've never seen anything like it before.
When you look at these pearls, it's almost like you're looking "into" the pearl. The reflections have depth.

497126F0-D7A5-4957-A72D-CFB953F1C250-914-000000B236F0969F_zps5186291b.jpg

The top three will be a three pearl ring. The bottom large will be a simple pendent. I was wearing an bright green shirt and the bottom pearl is reflecting that. It actually has strong blues and reds.

Amazing! I absolutely love the one at the top too. The one on the bottom will make a gorgeous pendant. Can't wait to see the end results.

Wow!

DK :)

These are of the fabled "NS" grade Cortez Pearls....the "NS" stands for "National Selection" (my friend Manuel loves Soccer and the National team is called "National Selection", thus the name) and these are "Semibaroque Gem+ NS pearls", so these represent something like less than 1% of an entire harvest: the best of the best.

The luster is incredible (and 100% natural, never "enhanced") and the colors are deep, the overtones just striking...and the photos cannot ever display their true beauty. Sigh!

I took this picture with my iPhone in a hotel room. Once we get settled, I'll take better pictures. :)

yes! More. You folks down there need to double production every year until Pearl-Guide has enough of your pearls!!!

pearl lvr. Did you go to Guaymas to get these? If so how about a report on that, like where did you eat. I love the food in Guaymas!

If not, more of you Cortez pearl lovers should get down there in person! They have a flight into Guaymas. Gem Geek and I took the bus down there from Nogales a few years ago, where we met up with Jermey and Hisano. What a trip! The Mexican buses are huge, soft, and clean and run movies. As far as I know Guaymas is not a scary place, even in today's troubles. They have special bus tours and boat tours going to the pearl farm, both full of safe tourists. San Carlos the neighboring sister town has a lot of Americans living there year round. If you drive down, it is in the special tourist zone, so no Mexican paperwork is needed if you go no further into Mexico. I would go again tomorrow, on the bus, with no second thoughts.

I would love a pair of Cortez mabe earrings in white gold, perhaps I can save enough to treat myself to a pair eventually.

DK :)

No, but I DO want to take a trip there someday. I hear a cruise ship goes there?? That would be a fun trip.

Back