pearl necklace

neil

hi can anyone tell me if this necklace is real all i can say is it 18inch long cold too the touch and warms up in my hands it says on the clasp 14/20 and a letter next to the numbers it looks like a z ? thanks for any help neil

Those are real and genuine Chinese cultured freshwater pearls. Oval baroques. Not worth a great deal in cash, maybe $20-30.00, but still very nice looking and wearable. Also a good gift. (The clasp may be worth more than the pearls, if it is 14k, I don't recognize the markings)

I get an invalid attachment notice when I click on the attachment message. No photo is seen

003.jpg002.jpg

Thank you for posting the Photos Neil,

Pattye & Caitlin really know their Pearl stuff! They look like rice pearls to my eyes, there were pearls that were popular for a while, Kind of a stage in between the bumpy rice pearls from the 1980's before the fat rice pearl became popular. These look to me to be 5-6 mm in size on a guess. It would be a nice Heirloom to pass down to a daughter or niece for a first set of pearls gift.

I have the same clasp 14/20 with a triangle/They are cultured pearls as I can see inside the hole & they are thick nacred to more than .4mm.

The strand is about 18 inch 7m to 8.4 mm in a nice white with some pink overtone with irrodesence but the luster is down at medium/

So I am guessing that they are cultured mucleated freshwater from the gold filled clasp???

They are pretty round & blemish free but do appear off round in photo.

Its a goodwill find for $2...:cool:

Attachments

• Pearl 7 to 8.4 mm unk clasp P1020626.jpg
    Pearl 7 to 8.4 mm unk clasp P1020626.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 30
  • Pearl 7 to 8.4 mm unk P1020623.jpg
    Pearl 7 to 8.4 mm unk P1020623.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 31
Was not hoping for south seas for $2...;)

They seem pretty round in person & are great for those don;t want to worry about good pearls days
& experimenting with cleaning & treatments.

Never had freshwater so its interesting. They could be really nice with more luster.

Thanks

Back