Simpsons sea maid pearls?

Faith

Just wondered if anyone has any information about the company. I don't think they're still in business, pretty vintage looking logo inside box. Thank you!

Never heard of them before...I would usually associate those names with sellers or producers of faux perles or imitations.

Thanks! I did purchase the lizzadro strand, fingers crossed! Passed up the sea maid though, I'll be posting to get help identifying in a day or so, they'll be here Tuesday at latest!

They were up for auction on Ebay a while back, haven't seen any since. The ones from lizzadro were an awesome deal, beautiful Pearl's!

Last edited:
The SEAMAID trademark was assigned an Application Number #162358 by the Australia Intellectual Property Office (IP Australia). Trademark Application Number is a Unique ID to identify the SEAMAID mark in IP Australia.

The SEAMAID mark is filed in the category of Class 014 Precious metals and their alloys; jewellery, precious and semi-precious stones; horological and chronometric instruments. . The legal correspondent for SEAMAID trademark is Davies Collison Cave Pty Ltd , NSW 2000, AUSTRALIA . The current status of the SEAMAID filing is Removed - Not renewed: Renewal fee not paid.

Based on Princess Diamond Jewellery Pty Ltd., the SEAMAID trademark is used in the following business: Precious Jewellery including genuine, cultured pearls, .

Thank you for sharing this information Cherylb8668 :35:
It will be useful for others that will research this information, and for us that had never heard of this company before.

Seamaid pearls only existed from 1960 to 1969 and sold by the Princess Diamond Company Sydney Australia

Don't worry Cherylb8668: I deleted that message with the wrong photo :)
Well, the strand does look vintage to me. And you did quite a bit of detective work. :35:

Just wondered if anyone has any information about the company. I don't think they're still in business, pretty vintage looking logo inside box. Thank you!
They are no longer in business. I have a long strand of these pearls that were my mothers. They are in the original case from Simpson’s, a department store chain that is no longer in business. She would have purchased them in the 1970’s. They have a beautiful lustre. How do I find out their value?

IMG_4563.jpeg

These are my late mothers Sea Maid pearls. They are beautiful and I’d love to know what they are worth today

They look like imitation pearls. Like most imitation pearls, their primary value would be sentimental rather than monetary.

There is a common test called the "tooth test", to see if pearls are imitation. Wipe them clean with a soft damp cloth, then rub one of the pearls gently against the edge of your front tooth, or else rub 2 of the pearls gently against one another. Imitation pearls glide smoothly against each other. Real nacre feels gritty.

Agree. Imitations.

Back