Pearl Paradise The Internet's Largest Collection of Fine Pearls - Shop Now! 80% Off Retail. Free Returns. Free Shipping. A+ Rating on BBB.

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grandpearl certification by PEPCA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CortezPearls
    replied
    Hello CoffeyCat
    And welcome to our forum!
    It was not Jeremy that gave you the answer, but me...I'm serving as the PaO's Pearl Instructor since October 2020.

And you have done your homework...congratulations! One of the great things about working with gems is this "gem sleuthing" and research.
    So, again...I had never heard of the brand nor this certificate, but that should not be all that uncommon...some distributors have different markets to address and will employ different tools to reach them, most of this boiling down to mere marketing differences.

Some of our forum members specialize in Akoya pearls and I'm hoping they will join in to offer some advice and direction on this subject.

Even so, I stand to attention that it seems that "Granpearl" issues its own certificates, whereas the "Hanadama" label is issued by an independent Pearl Lab, so I still would trust the latter. But I would like to call on other forum members to join in on this thread...what do you think? Have you heard off or own "Granpearls"???

Leave a comment:

• coffeycat
    replied
    Originally posted by pattye View Post
    It seems like they just faded away after 2016 ~ very interesting. Wondering if the pearls are given a letter grade, or if Granpearl is roughly equivalent to Hanadama?
    That's indeed very interesting, Pattye. As far as I know there are still many such 'Grandpearl' strands being sold today. Sellers have been advertising them as 'the best' and much better than Hanadama.

Leave a comment:

• pattye
    replied
    It seems like they just faded away after 2016 ~ very interesting. Wondering if the pearls are given a letter grade, or if Granpearl is roughly equivalent to Hanadama?

Leave a comment:

• coffeycat
    started a topic Grandpearl certification by PEPCA

Grandpearl certification by PEPCA

Hello Everyone,

I am currently doing the Pearl As One course and have left a comment about a type of pearl certification called 'Grandpearl' issues by PEPCA, Japan.

This is their website: http://www.japan-pearl.jp/

Jeremy has left a reply (but I could not find it later on) that he has never heard of PEPCA, or Grandpearl.

Based on their website information, this organisation was established in 1950 and included over 110 small to medium size pearl businesses. Directors of this organisation include key personnel from brands like Mikimoto and TASAKI.

Their 'Grandpearl' strands or loose pearls are very pricy, but I have noticed their inspection method was listed as 'visual inspection' (based on Google Translate) by 4 or more Directors.

Has anyone heard of PEPCA and this certificate? If so are they credible? Your input is greatly appreciated.

Click image for larger version

Name:	nc_tokusen_gr_akoya.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	75.9 KB
ID:	418159

Name:	Fn0f0oWVkqQinRnv2RYF5bSLX-eN.jpg!730x0.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	92.3 KB
ID:	418160

Name:	20210225113901.jpg