Dimples on Macy's pearl earring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dimples on Macy's pearl earring

I purchased this pair of Cultured White South Sea Pearl (9mm) and Diamond Accent Stud Earrings in 14k Gold as a gift for my wife.

https://www.macys.com/shop/product/c...old?ID=2541789

The item I received has about 5-6 dimples on each pearl. Pictures attached. Knowing nothing about pearls, I searched online to see if this is normal or bad, and whether it is worth the $300 price tag. If anyone here can give me some insight/advice, I would greatly appreciate it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20210204_202043423.PORTRAIT.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	65.7 KB
ID:	418121
    Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20210204_202058746.PORTRAIT.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	71.8 KB
ID:	418122

Honestly I would not want a pair of studs that had dimples right in the front of the pearl, where they are visible, no matter how much of a bargain.

I am going to recommend a few online pearl vendors to you; I have bought from all of them and found them reliable. They all have a generous return policy. Valentine's Day sales are going on now, too.

pearlparadise.com
    purepearls.com
    pearlsofjoy.com

Comment

Oh holy cow, that’s a deep pit there. Plus, I think the online vendors PD recommended will do a better job with matching the pearl colors. Jmho.

Now, dimples are not an unknown with White South Sea pearls, and pearls are an organic gem, but that’s kind of deep and face-front.

But all credit to you, for getting such a sweet gift idea for her.
      Last edited by lisa c; 02-05-2021, 10:16 PM.

Comment

Like others have mentioned, a great idea, but too many blemishes.
        Pattye

PatriciaSaabDesigns.etsy.com

facebook.com/PatriciaSaabDesigns

SO MANY PEARLS, SO LITTLE TIME----

Comment

Working...
        X