Looking to buy my first necklace, or two

Thank you lisa c for adjusting the photos! And it's just my collar length and the length of the necklace working together in harmony. There's a slight bit of tension on the necklace as it tries to roll down towards the very bottom of the collar all the way around and it never quite reaches below the points you see it at now. I find that with anything from 17"-18" the same effect occurs. I may have issues when it comes to something closer to 16.5" but that strand(the 12-15mm WSSP) is going to be mostly worn with tees or unbuttoned shirts in a more casual setting.

That’s a lovely strand you got and it looks great on you. I find that if I crop my photos just a bit they usually upload nicely. I bet your are going to love that strand from Cees. I got my good white south sea strand from him, also my good golden south sea strand when I think about it. They are amazing and work with any clothing. Usually I wear jeans and t-shirt/sweater (depending on the temperature)

So the strand from Cees should be arriving later today and I'm ecstatic. The pictures themselves were great so I can't wait to see them in person. Since my last posting I've also acquired some more necklaces, I was hoping to get an opinion on them actually.

First is a 70" 7mm strand. I'm confident these are Akoya, but correct me if I'm wrong please.
70 7mm strand
70akoya2.jpg

Next up is one I can't make my mind up on whether or not it's a South Sea strand, either way the clasp is beautiful and the colours are great in my opinion. I'd love to get an opinion from a more trained eye than me on whether this is just Akoya or if it's South Sea!
jadeclasp1.jpg
jadeclasp2.jpg
jadeclasp3.jpg

And lastly, two strands of vintage 70's "Sea" strands. I'm assuming Akoya and not fresh water based on what I can see, and the tags.
vintageakoya1.jpg
vintageakoya2.jpg

I also got this interesting necklace with 14k gold beads between every couple pearls, so in total a nice variety of necklaces I would say.
 interesting necklace with 14k gold beads between every couple pearls

I will update once I get my hands on the new incoming WSSP necklace. I'm very excited about this one and not just because it's my priciest necklace, haha.

Howdy Rokor!
You've got some great photos there...the "would be South Seas" look like Akoya to me, if they are not then they would be "Baby South Seas" (years ago some Indonesian producers were producing small -8 to 9 mm- pearls using young silver-lips), but the skin blemishes and color look more like Akoya to me.
The first necklace looks like Akoya too, much nicer in quality and the jade clasp is very nice too!
And the last necklace looks like freshwaters to me...let us see what others have to say too.

Please share the South Seas necklace when you get it!

Whoa! Love a man in pearls. I love they way your pearls sit over your collar. I'm curious if they stay that way as move. The other pearls are gorgeous, too.

Back