Opinion and input wanted

Haha! Love all the suggestions about the writing, what about something Cyrillic?

I know a little Cyrillic, and the first letter does look like a P (like a pi) but it could also be an L, which looks a lot like a capital lambda. It's pretty worn.

Haha, I agree:)! Maybe it is cryillic! - this is the reason why I like old jewelry so much, it's intriguing!

Update to my "Cyrillic necklace": I had it acid tested and it is 585 gold. It's fun, but in the same time it makes me even more curious about the stamp on it��

I think so too! I was 80% sure it was bras, but because it was no sign of tarnish and no smell to it I thought gold filled. The weight of it it is 7.2 gr, pearls included. I find it intriguing��

It is not Hebrew writing.
You must look somewhere else 😊

Thank you Nora! I guess I'll never find out about the stamp, but this is also why I so incredible weak when it comes to vintage and antique jewelry:)!

Not sure of the clasp writing, but fwik, akoyas do not get circles. So they are either freshwater or ssps. I'm leaning towards fwp due to size. You got a good deal!

I don't think the ringed pearls are Japanese Akoya. Pearls of poor quality were not given export permits especially in the 60's and 70"s.
In my 50 years of seeing pearls in the market I never saw ringed pearls until fresh water came on the market. Clasps on a strand don't mean anything. Old clasps are dime a dozen and can be applied to any thing to increase its value.
Norm

When was freshwater pearls first bead nucleated? It is very interesting! to me it is not of any importance if they are akoyas or not, I just want to understand what I see. It's very cool if they are early bead nucleated freshwaters or if they are small south seas. Value - if any does not matter but it would be grate fun to find out what they are:). Is it any easy ways I can find it out myself?

Amti, how cool wouldn't that be; mini south seas:D!!! - But bead nucleated freshwaters with that shape is super cool to. I forgot about them cause it's so busy just now, but now I just had look at them again:)

SS necklaces are usually graduated, e.g. 11-14mm. I would think those circled pearls are fwp.

Back