Where to in Sydney, Australia

Mr Plow

Hello Pearl Community.

First off excellent resource. As always when trying to educate oneself, forums really are the way to go.

After a quick crash course in pearls from the web and more specifically here, I was wondering if any of the Australian and more specifically Sydneysiders knew of any reputable B&M sellers I can visit to get an idea of sizing and quality. Type of pearl isn't really that important I'm just after a place I can put the knowledge I've picked up to reality.

Secondly, and this is for everyone. I'm getting the gist that the online reputable sellers are much better value than B&M retailers, unfortunately I'm not stinking rich and can't go to paspaley or kailis, so just want to reaffirm that those people who can't physically get to a pearl paradise they are happy dealing with them solely online. And for the internationals shipping has been safe.

Thank you in advance

If you aren't looking to buy from them...and who can afford too lol Several good places to just look at quality and sizes - The Paspaley store in the city is great...very friendly. In the Queen Victoria shopping centre there are several stores that sell pearls..and several great 'antique' jewellery stores that often have Tahitian ropes in the window. Also a Kalis store and and Autore Store.

Mr Plow, katbran has beautiful pearls and she's in Australia too. Just contact her.

Thankyou for your responses. I was able to view a few different types in some B&M when I was in the city last week. Was quite surprised at the difference in sizing, didn't think 9mm to 10mm would be so big. However I had read that it is to with volume.
Thanks again.

Back