Pinctada radiata

T

tirasus

Hello,

Firstly i am a new user and my english is not good, so sorry for this but i want learn a lot of things about pearl oyster culture. I wish, you help me:)... I am searching about pinctada radiata, and i have a thesis about this subject. i try to collect spat and i accomplished this. Now i will try to culture. But i couldnt find information about pinctada radiata culture. I guess if i accomplished pearl culture, this pearls can be valiable? And can i do nucleus operations according to theory information? And which countries are using this species"p.radiata" for pearl culture?
If you help me about this questions, i will be happy and i feel good.

Thank you very much...

(and can i find a training course about pearl culture?)

sincerely
Sel?uk Yiğitkurt
Agean University
Fisheries faculty Aquaculture Department

Dear Selcuk,

In the Forum Pearl Resources you will a comprehensive study from an Indian research group working with various pinctada species including pinctada radiata. The thread with the link to the study is called Everything You Ever Wanted To Know About Pearl Culturing (https://www.pearl-guide.com/forum/showthread.php?t=376).

I hope this will be helpful to you,

Zeide G. Erskine

Thank you very much

Thank you very much

Dear Zeide,

Thank you very much for your interest..

Sincerely
Sel?uk Yiğitkurt

Dear Zeide,

How can find a training course about Pearl Nucleus Operation, Can you advise a course about this. I am looking for the internet sites but i couldnt new one. Can you help me please, this is important for me, Thanks for you interesting.

Sincerely,

Sel?uk Yiğitkurt

Dear Selcuk,

I do not think that there are actual public courses in nucleation techniques. Forum member JShepherd has some DVDs available that show nucleation both with and without beads but otherwise you have to learn it yourself or find employment as a trainee nucleator at an existing pearl farm.

Zeide

Hi,
zeide I saw something like a training course of pearl operation in hawaii, I do not know if it still exists, but could be usefull to selcuk.
Regards

ricardo

Dear Zeid and Ricardo,

i try to learn something about pearl culture and nucleus opearation but in my country i couldn' t find an information because there is no pearl culture, but i will do this. i study still 2000, but i dont operate nucleus for pearl oyster. if i find training course about this i can continue the pearl culture. Dear Ricardo, if you can give me the adress or e-mail, i can try to find. i am an assistant in Agean University so i can find source for this course.. Thank you very much for your interesting.

Sincerely,

Araş. G?r. Sel?uk Yiğitkurt
Agean University Aquaculture Department

Dear Perle,

Thank you for your interest. i send an e-mail to Dr. Haws, and Haws said "We do not have training programs at the Pearl Research and Training Center other than for our own students, but may start offering short courses in the summers." Maybe i can find another course or i must wait the summer.

Thanks for everthing,
Sincerely

Sel?uk Yiğitkurt

Dear Selcuk,

You're welcome. I wish you the best of luck in your studies!

Perle

Yes, that is the person who I talked. I am waiting fos a course too. Maybe we do it together, Selcuk.

regards

Ricardo cunha LIma

Hi Ricardo & Selcuk,

It would be great if you could post a joint report if you were to take the course together.

Zeide

Thank you Zeide,

İ hope Ricordo we go together:), i will wait the news about this course, if you find another courses, can you write me? Zeide can we find a farm to employ or to be intership? Can you advice some adresses? Thank you,

Sincerely,
Sel?uk Yiğitkurt

Hi Selcuk,

An intership would be a great idea. I do not know about any tissue nucleating ones taking foreign interns, though. Maybe somebody else can chime in there. I heard that Jeremy Shepheard is partnering in a Chinese akoya culturing operation. That may be a good idea since the feshwater culturing regions are not far and maybe that farm will experiment with tissue nucleating marine pearls be hiring some local freshwater nucleating "inspector." Those are typically the most talented tissue nucleators that go from farm to farm "inspecting" the nucleation work of others, telling them what they did right and what wrong and for what reasons, and then show them how to do it better. These nucleators may also be hired to do and demonstrate best nucleation practise.

Zeide

Hi Zeide,
in your last post you said "These nucleators may also be hired to do and demonstrate best nucleation practise." Do you know how can I contact with those person? And How much it cost, aprox?
The costs to I spend a travel to China is almost prohibitive (another side of the world), but maybe it could be more reasonable to hire someone to fix my errors.
thanks in advance.

Ricardo Cunha Lima

Hi Jeremy,
the costs are too high for hiring a chinese expertise? How many animals should I have?
Thanks in advance.
Ricardo

Hi Ricardo,

I could put you in touch with people in China that could teach you. But I am unsure how easy it would be for them to do so unless they were with you in Brazil. I can shoot the operation, but it is not very easy as it takes a macro lens and a lot of time to get it right. I would not be able to until the time came in making a freshwater pearl documentary.

If you would like to send me a description of how you are currently nucleating, I would be happy to pass it on for some additional tips...

Hi Tirasus,

Zeide is no longer around, so you will not get a reply from her. Perhaps someone else will have a suggestion for you.

Pattye
so many pearls, so little time

Patty, thank you very much for your interest. Sorry but where is Zeide, do you know?

Sel?uk Yiğitkurt

We don't know. Are you able to do a Google search? Try "where to buy pearl nuclei"--a number of sources came up, that is at least a start!

Pattye
so many pearls, so little time

Back