Oysters

Update
The chinese source mentioned by Dave doesn't sell to the UK because they have an exclusive deal with a uk company.
One distributor is selling five shells for £80!!!!! (am I in the wrong business?) I have also tweeted, facebooked onto the pages of any companies I could find, written a blog on the P website and briefed the head of the British Pearl Association.
Urge all of you to post exposing the nonsense to anyone you can find on facebook, which is where it seems to be spreading fastest.
The cheapest shells I could find were 82cents each.
btw pages of listings on alibaba
Did someone not ask about vantel pearls recently - they are promoting the pyramid from what I could see - search pearl opening on google. since it is in USA over to you

Last edited:
Okay so I guess my question is...is there a way to do this for people while being honest with what they are getting? Is there a way to get unopened oysters with pearls that were actually cultured in that oyster? Freshwater cultured pearls are fine. I guess I know why people claim they are saltwater but what I can't figure out is why it seems very difficult to find oysters with pearls in them, that weren't planted there? I would love to buy legit oysters with the pearl that it actually grew in it. Is this possible? If not, how come?
The surprise of not knowing what you could get is fun and even if the pearls are not worth a lot they are pretty and it is fun.

Thank you for the information! I have been reading all night and now in the morning. My friends and family are interested and I want to make sure they get what they think they are!

Back