Silly question on imitation pearls

Fiona

Just over a year ago I jumped in the deep end and started my pearl collection with two expensive, real Tahitian and mixed Tahitian/SS ropes. Have gone nuts on pearls ever since.

I recently started to look on ebay for vintage brooches to wear with my ropes and as enhancers and have now discovered the joys of glamorous Art Deco costume jewellery.

I have just bought some fabulous looking imitation pearls - a mixed colour necklace of 14mm colourful round 'Tahitians'. I took the view that no one I know seems to have a clue what I'm wearing anyway, and I am never going to spend the many thousands of dollars for the same necklace with real pearls (much as I would like to).

So my question is, do any of the other pearl addicts here also wear fakes? Does it feel wrong or just part of the collection? I feel like I have devolved....:)

Just interested in views.

I own a number of Majorica imitation pearl pieces and love wearing them! I also enjoy my real pearls.

For me it's a non-issue. Life is too short to be bound by artificial rules. :D

I own a lot of costume jewelry that include "pearls". Why not? It's the look I'm after. On the other hand, nothing can really replace the beauty of nacre. So I wear the real thing frequently. :)

Back