Gold Clasps

P

Pearls Dubai

Where can good quality solid 14kt or 18kt gold pearl / bead clasps be purchased wholesale at a decent price? I have checked into a couple of web-sites that have been previously mentioned here for other purposes but the prices seem high. Does it seem reasonable to put a clasp on a strand of pearls that may in fact be worth more than the pearls themselves? Do consumers want and appreciate a gold clasp? Any thoughts, feedback or suggests on this subject would be greatly appreciated.

well I personally wouldn't put anything but 14kt and higher on any strand that has my name attached to it. As far as sourcing gold clasps I can't help you there, but I know Jeremy has had good success sourcing gold findings - maybe he can help you out.

These folks are a genuine wholsale outfit with a tremendous array of everything- lots of gold clasps. I think price is dependent on quantity. They have the invisible clasps too, the ones you bury in the pearl and it makes every strand look like an eternity strand.
www.stuller.com,

I would not use anything other than gold, 14k or 18k for fine pearl jewelry. If the pearls are low-end freshwater, silver is ok, but I feel the use of silver with pearls lowers the overall value and perceived quality of any piece.

I really suggest Grassman & Blake for plain gold findings. For earring findings Cobb is good as well. There are several great places in Hong Kong as well, but it is difficult to deal with them unless you go there.

Thank you. I appreciate that the admin and members of this site are willing to share this kind of info. I really struggled to find good sources for findings in years past! I have gleaned more from this site in months.

:D :D :D

More Questions

More Questions

Thanks for all these great leads regarding clasps. I have been drooling on the selection of beautiful findings that are available!

I am wondering if it is better to get clasps from one of these suppliers out of the States or if it is possible to get high quality 14kt or 18kt clasps (hallmarked) out of Hong Kong or China cheaper?

Living in the Middle East, the gold is priced very competitively (priced by the gram) but the selection (if any at all) on these types of clasps is not good and the pricing of these is poor as well.

I am thinking to be able to offer a lovely pearls at a competitive prices, the clasp and its pricing will have a significant impact on the finished product. So where the best place for selection and pricing on clasps and earring posts?

If you are planning on simply purchasing gold clasps (without diamonds or stones) I think you are better off sourcing them in the US, not China or Hong Kong. If you are looking for diamonds and stones then Asia is definitely the best way to go. Grassman-Blake and Cobb sell clasps based on gram weight as well, and after import taxes paid, I have always found it is cheaper to source non-fancy pieces locally.

Back