Show me your akoya pearls!

L

ladykemma

here are my pearls

Attachments

• poilskemma3.JPG
    poilskemma3.JPG
    17.8 KB · Views: 30
close up. i'm getting the hang of photographing these.

Attachments

• closeuppoils2.jpg
    closeuppoils2.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 38
These are the only string of pearls I have right now. I'm not even sure they belong in this forum! I bought them at least twenty years ago in a pawn shop. They were the most lustrous ones there. I assumed at the time they saltwater pearls...was I correct?

(This picture was taken in direct morning sunlight on white paper. I 'signed' it so there wouldn't be any confusion over where it came from. :) )

Bogus

Attachments

• 000_3734.jpg
    000_3734.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 42
ladykemma said:
can you give us a close up?

Sure! I tried to find a clear picture of a drill hole, and couldn't find any because the knots are so frayed.

Here're pics: In the top one I notice what looks like a bulge in the top left hand pearl. What are those dark spots visible on the bottom two pearls? I don't think they're drill holes... My guess is that they're about 6 mm (can't seem to find my mm gauge).

Thanks
Bogus

Attachments

• Untitled-Stitched-03.jpg
    Untitled-Stitched-03.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 35
My Miki

My Miki

I bought these on eBay about 6 years ago. I used to wear them a lot. Not so much now. I'm considering trading them for some Freshhamadas.. :) They look so fabulous. This picture was taken outside. Not the best light. I'm looking into setting up something better. These are 7.5-8mm 24" long. The earrings are not Miki. I've learned so much from this site, wish I knew more before I bought. But I'll apply the knowledge to future purchases.

Attachments

• Miki adjusted.jpg
    Miki adjusted.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 37
Bogus said:
Sure! I tried to find a clear picture of a drill hole, and couldn't find any because the knots are so frayed.

Here're pics: In the top one I notice what looks like a bulge in the top left hand pearl. What are those dark spots visible on the bottom two pearls? I don't think they're drill holes... My guess is that they're about 6 mm (can't seem to find my mm gauge).

Thanks
Bogus

how bout getting those restrung so you can wear 'em?

me personally i would get restrung into 18'" plus bracelet...

Joan A said:
I bought these on eBay about 6 years ago. I used to wear them a lot. Not so much now. I'm considering trading them for some Freshhamadas.. :) They look so fabulous. This picture was taken outside. Not the best light. I'm looking into setting up something better. These are 7.5-8mm 24" long. The earrings are not Miki. I've learned so much from this site, wish I knew more before I bought. But I'll apply the knowledge to future purchases.

do i spy a miki clasp? are they yellow or is it the photo? i would wear them proudly!

the photo is yellow, they are white. I do wear them proudly, but I don't dress like I used to.

i would get them restrung onto 18 inch, plus bracelet, then wear them with jeans and men's oversize shirt with sleeves rolled up! nicE!

I'm hoping to compare them to the Freshhamadas. Maybe the next time I'm in LA.. then I'll see how they are side by side. Then I'll figure out how to sell, I can list them on ebay.. Maybe befor Christmas, I typically see the sale spick up then..

I have considerd restringing them to 18", that would be ideal. I have a shorter stand that belonged to my mother-in-law, but they aren't that nice, so I don't really wear them..

Back