A colorful baby Akoya strand

StarryPearl

Hi guys, I am having fever today and I am posting some pearls for distraction. I bought this strand of baby Akoya for a while. I haven't decided how to turn it into a necklace exactly.

IMG_2246.jpgIMG_2245.jpg

Last edited:
I bought a few of those baby Akoya strands myself. I strung them to use as pearl chains- one long one and one shorter one. Here’s a pic of the longer one.
9E874317-A3E2-4CB4-8A00-1C06F75BB6F9.jpeg

3E880F3E-F772-40EB-A4EC-3FEC98C85E4D.jpg

Those are lovely! What size are they, and where did you get them? Beautiful colors!

Thank you, Lisa. : )

jeg, beautiful necklaces you made. Is this your listing? Looks very similar. https://www.etsy.com/listing/865060706/multi-color-akoya-pearl-necklace

Linda, jeg answered your question.

I bought this strand to hang a carved mother of pearl of GSSP pendant. I prefer to avoid using string wire on this as I just had experience that my 4-year-old necklace strung by Beadlon string wire broke after a pull by my child and the beads fell all over places. These baby Akoya's are tiny. Once they fall, I cannot find them back. I am debating between thread strung and wire wrapping.

It's a beautiful strand StarryPearl, I would either use it as a chain or scatter bigger south seas or tahitians along it. Get well soon.

StarryPearl- I’m not familiar with that listing. All the pearls I used to make both necklaces came from Druzy.

Last edited:
Back