Blue Akoya Fingernails!

GemGeek

Pearlista
Ever since I bought my blue akoya baroque strand with the first Pearl Paradise offering in 2007, I have been in love with the blue color and stellar pink and aqua overtones.

Since "quarantine nails" became my hobby, I have been on a quest to create a blue akoya nail. This photo I posted in 2007, doesn't show the glorious overtones. Little did I know how hard it would be to catch in a photograph what my eyes were seeing.

blaires baroque blue akoya.jpg

So here are my many attempts to capture the elusive colors of my nails. I still couldn't get the shimmering pink on the surface at the same time as the way the blue looks to my eyes in indirect light. I didn't take the time to clean up the all of the excess chrome glitter to make them Instagram worthy, but the nails are little chameleons - just like the real thing!

Blaire's akoya pearl nails 1.jpgBlaire's akoya pearl nails 2.jpgBlaire's akoya pearl nails 3.jpgBlaire's akoya pearl nails 5.jpg

I hope this brightens your day. I know CathyKeshi will enjoy these, but Caitlin would have probably gone nuts. :)

Hugs,
Blaire

So cute. They are just a lovely color, like the blue akoyas.

You know me well ... I do love those nails; you've really captured our beloved blue akoyas so perfectly! After 6 weeks of hauling laundry, dog, and babysitting Walter, I have no nails left lol. Well done, Blaire!

That’s a beautiful mani, and you really achieved the blue akoya effect! Enjoy your lovely nails!

Amazing nails! They capture the "rainbow" sheen that I think I see on your pearls

Pshwar!! Gorgeous. Do they come off? I’d hate to get it so right, then have them wear out.

You could be the new Bond girl, with these talents. Thank you for calling up Caitlin and her nail polish.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the compliments!
Lisa, I can always do them again, but I have so many other things I want to try first! :)

Check out the China Glaze color "Pearl Jammin" for a blue with pink overtones. It's one of my favorite polishes. A bit sheer so it takes a couple of coats, but it's a duochrome so the pinks are really strong.

Back