Unknown hallmark/makersmark

AceEmpire

I have three stranded akoya cultured pearl necklace with a 18k gold with diamond clasp. On the clasp there a hallmark/makersmark that I not really sure about is there somehow I can check with the Pearl Guide or there's other way I can get any information about the hallmark/makersmark?

Trademark question

It's probably the hallmark of the company who made the clasp, not the company that strung the pearls and used the clasp on the necklace.

I've found hallmark information using Google. Try 'jewelry hallmark 18K (description)'.
It sort of looks like a script H, which could be Honora.

I would suggest the mark is from Japan, but as BWeaves says - I also don't think that the mark is related to pearls. In many countries when you open an account with an Assay Office you are obliged to provide/create your logo that would be unique to the laboratory you are using. So there are all sorts of symbols, letters and pictograms next to hallmarks. If you know the country of origin of the piece - you can usually trace down any official marks, but unfortunately there no unified catalogue for it and it's quite an extensive time-consuming search.

I've found hallmark information using Google. Try 'jewelry hallmark 18K (description)'.
It sort of looks like a script H, which could be Honora.

Ennui, this thought came to my mind also, Honora. Although we associate them mostly with Chinese freshwater pearls, I seem to recall they dabbled with higher-end pearls and even had a NY store near 5th Ave for a time. Honora has now been acquired by Richline Group.

Actually the letter on the clasp is M not H. But anyway, thank you for the information:D

I'm pretty sure it's the Honora Jewelry Company

HONORA JEWELRY: Early 1950's - Present

The Honora Jewelry Company was founded by Jerome Grossbardt with headquarters located at 48th Street, New York, NY in the early 1950?s with the name standing for quality, value, and beauty in the jewellery industry. The Honora Company has designed and produced a wide variety of styles and pearl types jewelry into bracelets, necklaces, rings, earrings and pendants using fine quality fresh water cultured pearls from top producer in Japan, China and various South Sea countries.

Honora pearls, prized for their beauty and value, are extremely fashionable and highly well-priced according to the materials used and designs created in a variety of styles and pearl types (necklaces, bracelets, earrings, pendants, and rings) using high quality fresh water cultured pearls, (makers of upper quality range of production, increase in size, roundness and spectacular colours of pearls), and high quality carat gold and platinum metal.

It's probably the hallmark of the company who made the clasp, not the company that strung the pearls and used the clasp on the necklace.

Then it would be a brand logo.
A hallmark is a mark signifying that the item has been assayed in a guild hall , such as the Worshipful Company of Goldsmiths in London

Back