Help With Mikimoto Hallmarks

A

apsolutions

Hi all,

I am new to this forum. I am gemologist that runs and estate sale company and have sold many strands of Mikimoto pearls over the years but have not had many pairs of earrings. I have this 7.5mm pair with 18k yellow gold backs. The backs have the shell with M hallmarks. The pearls are fabulous with one having a dimple. The only marks on the 18k stud is not really legible although I have shown a photo of it. I don't know how the older pairs of earrings were marked on the ear wire and wanted to put this out and see what I could find out. Any help would be appreciated. Amy

1027429026_o.jpg
1027428985_o.jpg
1027428994_o.jpg
1027429002_o.jpg
1027429019_o.jpg
1027429011_o.jpg

Attachments

• DSCN0001.jpg
    DSCN0001.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 122
Does it look like a Mikimoto mark on the post? Just cannot really make it out and want to be sure. Thanks.

Your photo is pixelated, so we cannot see the details of the hallmark on the post. Can you take a photo through a loup or microscope?

DSCN0010.JPG

See if this is better - it looks like a tiny M in a shape but just want to be sure. Thanks,
Amy

Even with a good photo, the mark is too tiny to determine. You might want to contact Mikimoto directly. They would be the best for confirming their own hallmarks.

It looks like an M inside a circle and not the hallmark shell, so I am not sure this is Mikimoto.

Back