Help appreciated please !

Heart

Good day everyone ! I was wondering if anyone can help me identify which Type of pearl is this? (The one coiled up nearly and with gold clasp) Please !

I want to give them to my mother but I’m unsure if it’s quality

Thank you in advance ! 💕 814EF9E9-2051-41B4-ABA9-2546FDCD634E.jpg

Hi Heart, welcome to Pearl-Guide!

They are cultured freshwater pearls from China. The somewhat eggy/oblong shapes give them away-- there's no bead inside to make them round. The luster seems nice. :)

They will be a serviceable and durable necklace, being solid nacre. Freshwater pearls are also more economical than akoyas.

I agree with PD. They'll read as "round" when worn, and they have nice luster. Solid nacre freshwater pearls from China.

Thank you all so much !!! It is quite the beauty

How about this one please ? :3

Attachments

• 36088355-BB50-4E55-837D-9C344029DF93.jpg
    36088355-BB50-4E55-837D-9C344029DF93.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 35
That one looks like baroque akoya pearls. They are less durable because breakage can occur at the little flattened ends of the pearls. Examine them closely to see if there is already any pearl that has broken or chipped nacre near the drill hole.

Akoya pearls have a bead inside. The baroque ones may have thinner and thicker areas of nacre. Where it is thinner, nacre can chip off. They can be very lustrous though, and suitable for occasional wear.

Thank you so much pearl dreams and gemandpearlover!

Since baroque one needs gentle and nice care , I have decided to give my mama huge freshwater pearl earrings instead. They’re really big (more than 16mm each? ��) and durable looking. My mama unintentionally leaves the jewelry uncared for and a sturdy and durable jewelry piece is best :3

Back