Ombre Akoya

Cees

tried to make 3 ombre natural colours Akoya cultured pearl strands with a harpoon system, so they can be worn in many ways.These photos show the results. The pearls are 3-4 mm, with 6 pearls to fit the harpoon system en 3 more bigger pearls to make it more beautiful.

Attachments

• 3ombreakoyaharpoon.jpg
    3ombreakoyaharpoon.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 43
  • akoyalong.jpg
    akoyalong.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 37
  • akoyaharpoon.jpg
    akoyaharpoon.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 37
JerseyPearl yes, but I don't know if one can put more photos on Instagram in one posting

JerseyPearl yes, but I don't know if one can put more photos on Instagram in one posting

Yes, you can! When you are adding photos from your library, on the lower right hand corner of the largest photo you will see three little icons. The one on the far right allows you to choose multiple photos. Tap the icon and the number 1 will appear in a blue circle in the thumbnail photos. Just tap on other photos to add then hit next when you are done adding them. You can also upload short video clips too.

I'd want to wear the clasps in front. Unfortunately, that would make it look like my neck had discolored the pearls in back. But I love the 3 necklaces and how they nest and connect.

Last edited:
Love how you did the clasps. Now we need someone to model them!

Oh I LOVE ombre akoyas! :rolleyes: What wonderful bright pearls you have Cees! :) :)

Those are beautiful, and I love how you strung them!

Cees, are these pearls now strung on wire, or on thread?

The ombre is lovely, and I love how they connect together to make a longer necklace.

CathyKeshi they are strung on a very flexible Japanese stainless wire.

Back